JUST RELEASED!! Sony DVP-CX995V

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lonster

Hopefully, it navigates better than it's predecessor which got terrible marks in that area. Okay if you don't expect too much. HDMI is the future, is SACD the past?

timbre4 said:
Hopefully, it navigates better than it's predecessor which got terrible marks in that area. Okay if you don't expect too much. HDMI is the future, is SACD the past?

The Navagation issue has supposedly been addressed. I'll know for myself in a couple days.
SACD and DVD-A: A thing of the past? I hope not. But I don't see a bunch of music labels trying hard to agree with me on that :( .

Lonny
Vintage Audio and Vintage Bikes, both SOUND great!
QpS

timbre4 said:

No, Sony continues to release new SACD players. So there's nothing past there.

The best possiblity is if the HDMI can pass DSD directly from the player to the Sony ES receiver. The new receivers will convert everything into DSD and use it to drive the power amps in pulse width modulation (PWM) then filter. Now, direct DSD from player to speaker output filter.

Check the Sony website for a technical background paper:

http://esupport.sony.com/perl/model-documents.pl?mdl=STRDA9000ES

Back