Lafayette LA-222 4 channel Stereo Amplifier with SQ Decoder

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drewman

Hi! Does anybody in the forum know what kind of SQ decoder the LA-222 has? (Full Logic or Full Logic with Wavematching, ...ect)
Any info at all would help. Since the LA-222 is just intergraded amp and the LR-221 is a receiver I thought they might have the same SQ. But in the manual it doesn't indicate any of the info. So I'm asking the forum.
Thanks for any info or help anyone may have!
...Drewman

I read somewhere in some forums
that the LR-221 model has this info:

Lafayette LR-221
26w x 4 (RMS) @4 ohms (no RMS rating for 8 ohms!)
THD 1% @ rated power, .125% @ 1 watt
2 phono inputs
Discrete 4 channel inputs (for tape)
Full logic wavematching SQ decoding
"Composer" circuit for QS/RM decoding
$369.95

The 222 is an older model with the first SQ-M that came out. Their lineup is quite confusing to me. I had to make a list of what's what but here's the latest and greatest receivers they had with quad. LR-221 with Composer A/B circuits (17 3/4inch wide), then at the same time the LR-3000 (also 17 3/4 wide) and LR-5000 (23 inch wide) both with RM instead of Composer. Their amplifiers LA-74 and the LA-84 both had full logic wave matching , the 84 added veriblend to the SQ and CD-4 capability with a module you could install separately. Search for the PDF of the Lafayette catalogues online they are free, these should be in the 75 or 76, if you don't see them they also had a couple in between catalogue years too.

Back