Latest buying / shopping snafu / letdown / wtf / counterfeit/ incorrect grading shopping experience

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kap'n krunch

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Sorry for the “negative” tinge of this thread but I needed to vent cause this is happening way too often.
As an LP seller I always state that if the LP does not state “ play graded” I will play it before shipping to make sure there are no unpleasant surprises because I like to treat the seller like I like to be treated as a buyer.
Most of the time I ask for a partial refund and I get it because I would rather talk about it ñthan open a dispute or leave negative FB.
But, sometimes I get an overzealous seller who would not do it.
I sent out for a “NM” LP from a European country and when I got it it was not even VG, it had all kinds of lines from wear, scratches and even oily fingerprints (I also CLEAN all the LPs I sell!), and the seller, instead of giving me a partial refund of about 4 Euros, decided he would rather have me send it back, although I warned him that it would be rather expensive; it turned out to be $28 shipping!
Now, I don’t know what his plans are but , as a seller I would not sell that LP, at least at that price nor grading, cause, obviously, the buyer will be disappointed and not come back again, but hey, that’s just me. A good friend from that country has told me sellers are charging an arm an a leg for ANYTHING that is on LP so my guess is that…
I am waiting for him to receive it but it’ s going to cost him about 50 Euros total, maybe he will put it in an insurance as a loss from his store, so good for him…

Another snafu I had was a fleabay super seller who sold me a DVD 3 disc set and turned out to be DVD- Rs , and it was not a Made on demand set. I had that happen to me a while ago and the seller did not flinch and gave me a full refund immediately, which is how it should be. This seller wanted me to ship it back for me to get my money and I refused because they had a lot of negative FB regarding precisely that- buyers shipping stuff back and them not refunding. I decided to report the seller to fleabay AND to the manufacturer‘s legal team, which was the only way that they refunded me in the end. I know that most people don’t care about receiving counterfeit items but, hell, I do!

So hard to find good sellers nowadays!!!

Back