Listening to in Dolby Atmos Streaming, via Tidal/Apple/Amazon

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What’s up with swapping out the guitar solo track for a completely different solo at 2:50 on the atmos version?

I was listening enjoying the song then I thought, hang on I know this song in and out and that’s a completely different guitar solo. I searched to the stereo version and the normal solo is there…

Slippery when wet still has some badly mixed tracks on there previously released like wanted dead or alive and you give love a bad name.

Wanted dead or alive the drums are really lacking in snare attack and Tom’s. Notably the big snare hit and drum roll going into the guitar solo are pretty much non existent on the atmos track. Rim snare clicks are also really buried in the mix

Slippery when wet still has some badly mixed tracks on there previously released like wanted dead or alive and you give love a bad name.

Wanted dead or alive the drums are really lacking in snare attack and Tom’s. Notably the big snare hit and drum roll going into the guitar solo are pretty much non existent on the atmos track. Rim snare clicks are also really buried in the mix
I agree with you. In New Jersey, "Born to be my baby", the drums are completely buried.

New/Old Eno, from a documentary about Eno

edit: went to see if that Eno doc is available anywhere, not only is it not, but apparently it might be a while as the documentary is powered by code that randomizes the footage and edits each showing, akin to Eno’s generative music. Wild!

Last edited:
Back