Macy Gray - The Trouble With Being Myself

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BananaSlug

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
I saw this SACD on eBay a few weeks ago, did a search here and found basically nothing. I could see from the photo that it was multichannel and put in a bid. I wound up winning it.

Right to the tantalizing comment; listening to this made me think of Beck's Guero.

Stylistically the more upbeat tunes are similar to Guero, though she is a little more on the soulful side whereas Beck I would characterize as ore on the pop side. Both use lots of different samples as music and do it well. The mix here seemed very dull at first but other tracks were much more aggressive. I will definitely be giving this disc some repeat listens. But, after a first listen this one gets a thumbs up from me. I've long since picked up the multichannel discs that I want (other than Rumor & Sigh) and have been buying stuff just hoping that I might like it. This is one of the few that have really caught my attention in some time.

Too bad they didn't remixed in 5.1 her first album, will be really great.

Back