Metallica Black Album DVD-A on Metallica.com

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn, I wish megadeth would do one of theirs. Rust In Peace or Countdown. I would put those up against The Black Album any day.

Actually, Megadeth's "Peace Sells Butt Who's Buying" is available on DVD-A.

Snood bought one while back, postage will be kind of High though.......was like :yikes on the postage.

The only kind of shipping they offer is Fedex. Even if you put in a PO Box address.

A perfect example of a waste of plastic and ink.

While it is nowhere near my favorite Metallica album (Master of Puppets followed by Ride the lightning), I wouldn't go that far. There are some great tracks on this record. It was also reasonably priced, so I'm disinclined to complain.

US$12 to send to NZ, still cheaper overall than buying off Ebay.

I think everyone in QQ should buy this album, why? Well there are many posts from members saying we should buy this new release or that new release whether we like it or not just to promote multi-channel. So as the band made a decision to release this oop album we are duty bound to purchase it to send the message of support. (Now where was the sarcasm icon again).

US$12 to send to NZ, still cheaper overall than buying off Ebay.

I think everyone in QQ should buy this album, why? Well there are many posts from members saying we should buy this new release or that new release whether we like it or not just to promote multi-channel. So as the band made a decision to release this oop album we are duty bound to purchase it to send the message of support. (Now where was the sarcasm icon again).

And cheaper than the price I paid in a store locally here in NZ back in 2003!!

I only think people who like this album enough to want it in surround should buy this release. Does that help?

That was actually my real meaning, I recently got bored with people saying that we should buy this release or that release, just because it was multi, in order to send a message of support to the record companies even though we might not like the particular release.

As I eluded to I was being sarcastic.;)

Interesting how the artist was able to get the record company to re-press the title. Just goes to show all those other artists with dvd-audio products (Fleetwood Mac, Doors, etc.) just don't care.

Metallica is in a differen't boat though, because they own their own masters and lease them back to Warners as part of a joint venture. I believe it used to be called E/M (Elektra/Metallica) Ventures, and then just recently they re-released them all on their vanity label, called Blackened Records. Warners want to keep Metallica sweet because their back catalog is a consistent seller, so if Metallica asks for a re-press of one of their titles I'm sure the label is happy to oblige, it's no skin off their nose.

As far as this disc goes, it's not my favourite Metallica album, and it's not my favourite 5.1 mix on a DVD-A either, but I definitely think it's worth owning - it sounds much better than the stereo version, and the drums sound amazing. If you even kinda like this album, I think it's worth owning.

Back