MOFI's Foghat SACD

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Svensson

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
Anyone know if this is stereo or multichannel? I saw on Acosusticsounds where it has just been released but couldn't tell fro the description. Hope that isn't yesterday's news. John S.

Anyone know if this is stereo or multichannel? I saw on Acosusticsounds where it has just been released but couldn't tell fro the description. Hope that isn't yesterday's news. John S.

It is just stereo, but I am going to order it anyway. Great album, and at least someone is keeping SACD alive for us.

They just could not give us a "bone" by going all the way and do a 5.1 track on these. How depressing. The old MFSL with Brad Miller at the helm would have gone the extra mile.

They just could not give us a "bone" by going all the way and do a 5.1 track on these. How depressing. The old MFSL with Brad Miller at the helm would have gone the extra mile.

Depends on whether MoFi could get access to the Quad Master Tapes (many of these have long since been distroyed or gone missing at the record labels), licensing for Surround Sound rights and of course the extra cost to master a Quad release.

It's always possible though - as witnessed by MoFi's Cowboy Junkies Surround Sound SACD release.

Did anybody ever hear why MoFi didn't do Edgar Winter Group's They Only Come Out at Night in quad when they did the SACD release? Was it lack of access, lack of funds, or lack of desire?

Did anybody ever hear why MoFi didn't do Edgar Winter Group's They Only Come Out at Night in quad when they did the SACD release? Was it lack of access, lack of funds, or lack of desire?

I'm guessing it probably had to do with lack of access and cost. The Mo Fi folks have no objection to Surround Sound - as witnessed by their Vox Classical SACDs and the one by the Cowboy Junkies.

Back