More Multichannel Music Demos at The Show Newport This Weekend

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmoura

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
An update on the Pelican Hill room at The Show Newport at the Hotel Irvine this weekend.
More Multichannel, less Stereo music demos. I'll have to check this out today. :)

"NADAC Player running Roon Multi-Channel @ Quad DSD (DSD256)

Very impressed with an early version of Roon playing DSD256 in multi-channel on the upcoming NADAC Player.

We are demoing this in Pelican Hill on the ground floor at T.H.E. Newport Show. Currently we are controlling the NADAC Player / Roon from an iPad and its been booting up super fast & reliable. Thursday & Friday we only played Mahler 3 from Channel Classics, Ivan Fischer conducting the Budapest Festival Orchestra at the Bela Bartok National Concert Hall in Budapest in April 2016 (upcoming release & utterly stunning with a HUGE sound-stage, recording with a DECCA five mic array on a Merging Horus). Giya G2 in front and Giya G3 in the rear, driven by Luxman electronics, no subs.

Brian Moura, Dr. Bruce Brown, John Atkinson, Dr. Steve Williams were among the guests on Friday who had a listen for themselves. Demos are on the half hour.

Tomorrow (Saturday), we will add more demo time to assorted multi-channel music, both PCM & DSD.

Hope you can join us,

Philip O'Hanlon
On A Higher Note
(distributor of excellence)"

Sorry I missed the Pelican Hill room. I did not see much multichannel, what else did I miss?
No MoFi booth this year in the marketplace room, last year was a smaller table way back in the corner.
Dr. AIX said he is no longer recording new material, I did pick up a Rita Coolidge blu-ray from him.
Larry Mitchell played live, was a highlight.

vinylguy4

I don't think I'll be driving down. I fixed my car this morning so I could, but don't a have a rider so it's probably too expensive. Someone take a picture of those analog tapes and machines for me .... and post them here .... OK?

Sorry I missed the Pelican Hill room. I did not see much multichannel, what else did I miss?
No MoFi booth this year in the marketplace room, last year was a smaller table way back in the corner.
Dr. AIX said he is no longer recording new material, I did pick up a Rita Coolidge blu-ray from him.
Larry Mitchell played live, was a highlight.

vinylguy4

Interesting. Didn't hear that Dr AIX is no longer recording new Surround Sound music.

On the demos at Pelican Hill - the only Surround Sound I heard at The Show Newport this year - an unreleased Mahler Symphony No. 3 was at multiple demos.

They also have a demo of Roon's upcoming Multichannel music file playback feature with the Merging Technologies MC-8 Multichannel NADAC DAC. That was from a playlist of 19 different Multichannel DSD and FLAC files from Dominique Brulhart at Merging. Fun!

Back