More Sony SACDs on 01/03/2006, reported by musictap.net

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soundboy

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
Aside from the confirmed Duran Duran SACD and the suspected John Mayer and Switchfoot SACDs, musictap.net is reporting the below....

We've got more SACDs on the horizon for you hi-rez fanatics. These aren't rock/pop releases but they are important ones nevertheless. Some time ago, Sony Classical released a fantastic album from Yo-Yo Ma called Yo-Yo Ma Plays Ennio Morricone. It was quite an album. It's being revisited in spectacular SACD format along with two other albums, the soundtrack to Phantom of The Opera and James Horner's score to The Legend of Zorro. All SACDs come forth on January 3. Nice after holiday treat to replace those unwanted returns, I'd say.

The SACDs for Yo-yo Ma, Phantom of the Opera soundtrack, and Zorro soundtrack are all confirmed. Pre-orders are being taken at sonymusicstore.com

On top of that, John Legend's "Get Lifted" will also be released on SACD on 12/20/2005.

soundboy said:
The SACDs for Yo-yo Ma, Phantom of the Opera soundtrack, and Zorro soundtrack are all confirmed. Pre-orders are being taken at sonymusicstore.com

On top of that, John Legend's "Get Lifted" will also be released on SACD on 12/20/2005.

Right. Sony is mining the 5.1 Dual Discs for titles for SACD release. Should be interesting.

See http://www.highfidelityreview.com/news/news.asp?newsnumber=19405607 for more details.

Well, if anyone wants to trade a SACD version of Duran Duran's Astronaut for my lossy dual disc version just let me know. Refresh my memory again, why do people hate Sony? That being said, I too welcome any and all hi-rez multi-channel we can get.

BananaSlug said:
Well, if anyone wants to trade a SACD version of Duran Duran's Astronaut for my lossy dual disc version just let me know. Refresh my memory again, why do people hate Sony? That being said, I too welcome any and all hi-rez multi-channel we can get.
The SACD will be my third version of Astronaut. I bought the CD+DVD to start with, then the dualdisc.

Back