Most Ultra Rare Quad/5.1 Albums

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, i take it there may be folks here who may have a copy of this disc?

OD

guess i have to ask the question, Have you ever considered making a copy available to the wider world?

It was just a way of saying to other members. of course it's entirely up to you, just thought i'd ask if you ever considered it?

Also, how on earth did you manage to grab a copy?

OD

There are some members here that I would consider a request. I hope it would be a P.M. or from a member that has my personal email address.

There could be 5 or 1000 members here that have this disc, I have no idea. I would rather not say where I got mine.

1. ELP Welcome Back (despite Quaradisc logo on Q8 tape cover art) never made it to CD-4. Cutting engineer personally told me they could never cut a stable CD-4 disc due to poorly engineered tapes and pointed to tape cupboard. (I will scan their 1975 business cards one of these days)

2. Chicago X test DVD-A seen on eBay, watermarked I believe. I tracked down Paul Klingberg and posted his reply here: https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/showthread.php?8175-Inquiry-About-Chicago-X-in-DVD-A
PK's 5.1 credits listed here: http://www.paulklingberg.com/post-production-credits/

3. ELP - Trilogy Q8 Cotillion QT9904(?) always seemed the absolute myth but was moved to rare section (?) in the Marc Anderson quad listing so somebody came forward with one?

The Chicago X is indeed watermarked, and is real.
It's not a great mix - it is very heavily compressed & limited hard as well.

Fleetwood Mac's "Tusk" should likewise be added to the list, as that is done but unreleased.

Re Queen - the first couple of albums actually decode with QS scriptsquitenicely - avoid any of the "remastered" versions though.
I am also going to see what happens with the 24/96 versions of the first 6 albums (sadly released in stereo High Rez only).

This entry on the Mark Anderson quad page miss a release:

JOAN BAEZ -
Blessed Are..Vanguard [2 LP] VSQ-40001 (SQ), VSS-12/13 (DQR),
King 4R-13 {1st Disc} (QS) [Japan], King 4R-14 {2nd Disc}
(QS) [Japan]
{The U.S. vinyl version contains a 7" SQ encoded record of "Deportee" &
"Maria Dolores". VSQ-7}

Also as UK double Q8 pack, Vanguard Y8QVS 6570 / 6571, featuring the complete 22 track sequence (the double R2R features only 18).

$(KGrHqFHJBsE9Bj,JgrmBPZkuKm7uw~~60_12.JPG

The only source for a discrete version of the complete album.

Actually, the thread was begun as an April fools' post. Trilogy is rumored to exist, although I've never seen one. It was on the vaporware list. As indicated at the bottom of the first post: All were mixed for surround and/or announced, but never released.
APRIL FOOL?? you decide whether or not this is laughable.
IF it is rare- does that men it exists? Does the ELP trilogy exist anywhere? Has anyone preserved it?

Wow - Captain Beyond mixed for quad? Oooooh, now that's a tease right there! I'd be the first in line to snap that puppy up!
------- Chris

I would sell my soul (again) for there to have been a copy of Sabotage on CD-4

Back