Multi-channel flac supported in J River CloudPlay

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soundgals

QQ Supporter
J River now supports Multi-channel flac via it's CloudPlay service. For those of you who don't know, this is a kind of crowd or user sourced streaming radio service from J River.

If you want to upload your own music to this J River service, you can do so after opening an account with an email address.

Apparently it's completely legal, as long as entire Albums/Artists are not uploaded and streamed.

So playlists of various selections from specific genres should be fine.

I used to think of this service as a bit of a cop out, to try an make up for a lack of integration of any streaming service in JR. Now though, I'm beginning to see the potential.

User's can presumably upload out of print music, or music that at least is not available on any streaming service. I'm not sure what the legal implications would be in those cases.

Vinyls drops might also be a possibility.

As mentioned in the title though, only flac format multi-channel files are supported.

DSD or even Atmos could be converted to flac 5.1 for this purpose though.

This is one way we could further promote the benefits of multi-channel sound.

I plan to upload some; but I'm on a very slow internet connection at the moment. So I'll wait until I'm back on a decent one.

Back