Nektar - Down To Earth Not SACD

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sspsandy

600 Club - QQ All-Star
From the Progressive Ears site:

Whatever you do keep your quad lp of DTE . Contrary to what has been posted recently DTE will NOT be in SACD.
I wrote an e-mail today to Eclectic asking this very question and the answer from Julian was that it would be in stereo not SACD. I was given this same answer a couple of weeks ago by the people at Eclectic but at the Nektar message board someone posted that it would be in SACD after all. That is not the case, everybody should know this, there is some confusion out there.

Sad news indeed.

Shi+! That's lame... I just ordered this from eclecticdiscs.com only two days ago and it WAS listed as 5.1 SACD. Now I go to their site today and all reference to SACD and 5.1 have been removed for this title. Talk about your bait and switch... what the hell happened?

From what I can get from the Nektar boards, this title was originally listed with no mention of SACD, then it changed, but a decision was made in the last few weeks to have it only be a redbook due to financial considerations. However the listing stating SACD on the website was not updated, hence the confusion. After reading a post on Progressive Ears about this title in fact being done as a hybrid, was what caused me to post the thread about it, it was from a reliable Nektar source. Very sorry about that, I am equally disappointed. If you contact Eclectic, I'm sure they wil refund you.

Geez that's disappointing..:(

How many people actually buy CD reissues of things they already have?

I rarely buy any CD's and there's quite alot I could buy - I'd rather gamble on unknown albums that are hires MC..

Well at least i won't be fidgety any more waiting for a MC version of DTE....

Whew! Glad I've been too busy lately, otherwise I would've ordered it off the Eclectic site myself.

What a bummer though!

I am glad, that I recently purchased a mint copy of the original SQ LP. Sounds amazing! So, who needs that reissue...

bloop said:
I am glad, that I recently purchased a mint copy of the original SQ LP. Sounds amazing! So, who needs that reissue...

I'll take a discrete SACD over a matrix LP any day of the week! But the SQ LP is nice... still no substitute for four discrete hi-rez channels. I hope this one eventually makes it as a multichannel SACD release.

Back