New Djabe DVDA - Down And Up

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, Djabe keeps burning the flame of surround popular music in the continental Europe.

One more thing: Djabe will tour again with the Down And Up album in surround sound! The dates are follows:

27th February, 2013. Kecskemét, Kulturális és Konferencia Központ, 7 pm.
1st March, 2013 Budapest, PECSA Music Hall, 8 pm
2nd March, 2013 Oradea, Romania
06.25.2013. Rochester International Jazz Festival, NY, USA
06.26.2013. Rochester International Jazz Festival, NY, USA

Thank you rusinurbe and grill for educating me about Djabe's music and surround sound releases. I had never heard of Djabe, but I went to their website and listened to a lot of their free samples. I was very impressed and knew I had to have their surround sound releases!

I e-mailed [email protected] and spoke to Rita who was very nice. I studied the discography and made sure I was very specific to ensure I got the correct editions. Interested folks are welcome to copy the list I sent below to save time:

1 of Djabe - Sheafs are Dancing [DVD-A] (2004 GR-039-DVDA)
1 of Djabe - Slices of Life [DVD] (2006 GR-063-EAD)
1 of Djabe - Take On [DVD-A] (2008 GR-077)
1 of Djabe - Update 5.1 [DVD-A] (2011 GR-098)
1 of Djabe - Down and Up [DVD-A] (2012 GR-100-5)

Rita upgraded me to the 2-disc version of Update 5.1 at no charge and when I opened the package I was surprised to find a single-disc edition (DVD) of the Sheafs Were Dancing concert for free as well (http://www.djabe.hu/diszkografia/tancoltakakazlak_dvda_eng.html). Wow! Your mileage may vary! ;)

The price including shipping to the USA for all five albums was, IMO, extremely reasonable (PM me if you want to know what I was quoted), and I cannot believe how quickly they arrived (~1 week!). I was sure to tell Rita to thank Gramy Records and Djabe for sticking with surround sound for so long and I told her I was looking forward to additional releases in the future! I still cannot believe how smooth and painless the transaction was. Kudos.

As usual, if it hadn't been for Quadraphonic Quad, I would have missed out. I'm looking forward to firing these up at some point soon. Thanks again!

All the best,
Josh

PS - For what it's worth, with all of the talk about downloads lately, IMO there is still nothing that can compare to the receipt of physical discs and liner notes in the mail. It was great to get the Djabe discs in the mail and to review the packaging/text. I, for one, love looking at the cases on a shelf, deciding what I want to listen to, opening the case, reading the liner notes/lyrics and admiring the art, popping the disc into the Oppo, and pressing play. Tangibility over simplicity for me.

Back