NIN "The Downward Spiral" - does your SACD skip?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdmack

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
Of all the SACDs I own, only "The Downward Spiral" is unplayable due to skipping and freezing. The disc itself looks flawless. I am playing it on a Pioneer DV-578A, with ROM version 2.09. Is this a known problem with this disc, or should I start looking for another copy?

J. D.

Of all the SACDs I own, only "The Downward Spiral" is unplayable due to skipping and freezing. The disc itself looks flawless. I am playing it on a Pioneer DV-578A, with ROM version 2.09. Is this a known problem with this disc, or should I start looking for another copy?

J. D.

Where on the disc ?... or everywhere ?

I have a 588A.

Bought mine recently and haven't played it yet.

Better do so soon while BB still has stock and I'm within 30 days.....

I have listened to two sopies of this on two different players and have experienced no skipping.
The two players were an old Sony mini-system (I can't remember the model number) and an Oppo DV-980H.

Hi JD,

I too am using a Pio 578A w/ 2.09 firmware. My SACD of Downward Spiral plays fine. I'm thinking it's a problem with your disc.

Spence

Hi JD,

I too am using a Pio 578A w/ 2.09 firmware. My SACD of Downward Spiral plays fine. I'm thinking it's a problem with your disc.

Spence

Good enough for me! I'll look for another copy (mine was a used copy anyway).
Thanks!

J. D.

Back