PIONEER DV 939A -> DVD A

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
O

only dts

:( cant play DTS or DDIGITAL parts of my DVD AUDIO.
Operating instructions says : " Some DVD AUDIO have an extra 'bonus' group' (in this case DTS and DD parts ar an bonus) that requires a 4-digit key number to access. See the disc packaging for details and the key number."

I try to found this 4-digits key number in : REPTILE (E.CLAPTON) RIDING WITH THE KING (E.CLAPTON & BB KING)
BUENA VISTA SOCIAL CLUB and THE CORRS in BLue...
But they are not present....

Some one knows how to found this keys...?
tnx

I don't understand this, but I strangely remember a similar question being asked before like this.

Anyone have a clue?

:-jon

I am having trouble understanding this but if you have your player defaulted to play the MLP stream on a DVD-A disc you will not be able to play the Dolby or DTS unless you change your player settings to play the DVD-V related audio instead on a DVD-A disc.

No I mean that in the set-up (at least in my Pioneer 45a) you can set DVD-A so that it plays the MLP stream as a default. It basically shuts down the DTS and Dolby streams from being accessible. You have to turn the default off so that you can access the DTS and Dolby.

Go back and read your instruction book it should tell you how to change settings .
All are different so you'll have to read the manual and reset it ! You'd think they would have a button on the remote but NO! They have to make EVERY THING HARD!
0] Rob:cool:

The original poster is referring to supposedly bonus tracks available on some discs where you have to enter a 4 digit code to get access..

I have tried asking in many places about this and no one has any clue about what the code might be..

This is as dumb as those stupid easter eggs but at least with eggs there's a way to get to them..

To see the screen/display the 4 boxes where you enter the code, you can skip thru the groups..

I have a Pioneer 38A..I don't know if other makes have the 4 digit access code..

John,
I think he means that he can't play the DTS and Dolby tracks. He thinks that he needs to unlock them based on what his manual says.

only DTS - please clarify the problem.

==John,
I think he means that he can't play the DTS and Dolby tracks. He thinks that he needs to unlock them based on what his manual says.==

only DTS - please clarify the problem

The the right problem, i cant read DTS/DD files of DVD A in my DV 939A (pioneer).
Operating instructions says : need a 4 digit number to unlock DVD AUDI GROUP BONUS (dts or DD files)

Pioneer europe says : you must to call the dvd-a publisher...
...at this time i wait response from warner...

Sorry for my english but im french...
tkx

if this is the case you have my sympathies. I can't for the life of me see any purpose in having unlocking codes..

When I had my Pioneer DV-09 (non dvd-A) the screen would display only the DD/Dts tracks on a DVD-A disc, then when I got my DVD-A player, it would only display the hires tracks on the screen. I can still play the regular 5.1 tracks by skipping to the DD/dts groups.

have you tried this?

Forget the menu on the screen..

start playing a disc then skip thru each track until you get to group 3 which should be either the DD or DTS tracks..

I was going to download your manual but I don't have time today. It is 92 mb's in a PDF file. Yikes!! Probably lots of pretty pictures.

if this is the case you have my sympathies. I can't for the life of me see any purpose in having unlocking codes..

==When I had my Pioneer DV-09 (non dvd-A) the screen would display only the DD/Dts tracks on a DVD-A disc, then when I got my DVD-A player, it would only display the hires tracks on the screen. I can still play the regular 5.1 tracks by skipping to the DD/dts groups.

have you tried this?

Forget the menu on the screen..

start playing a disc then skip thru each track until you get to group 3 which should be either the DD or DTS tracks..==

Yes, i try this way but a menu message ask for 4 digit number key... in all cases this player ask's a key for DTS and DD part!

I can't see Pioneer doing this on such an expensive player. I will see if I can download the manual tomorrow.

<blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>I can't see Pioneer doing this on such an expensive player.[/quote]

I sure hope not but I wouldn't rule this possibility out either..

They did this on my player in effect by not letting me see the DTS tracks displayed on the screen..

I suspect their logic is along the lines of "why would anyone play the dts tracks when they have the hires tracks"

I may never play the dts tracks ( I don't) but this is for me to decide not Pioneer..

Original poster:

Keep after Pioneer where you live to get them to help you sort this out..keep going higher up if you have to..I find them to be very helpful in Canada FWIW..

If you bought the player at a Pioneer dealer I would expect them to help you also..

I downloaded the manual (72 mb's) and had a look at it. I was looking specifically for a default setting for DVD-A but I could find none. In the 45a you go into "Initial Settings" and then "Options" and then "DVD Playback Mode". This setting only affects DVD-A discs. You can either choose "DVD-Audio" or "DVD-Video". If you choose "DVD-Audio" then the DVD-Audio tracks are the ones that are playable. If you choose "DVD-Video" then the DVD-V tracks (Dolby and DTS) are playable. I was thinking that you would have this setting and if you changed it to "DVD-Video" then the DVD-V tracks would be accessible on your DVD-A discs. I can't see such a setting though unless it was missed in the documentation.

I did some research on the interent about this problem. I really didn't find anything that would be helpful, but I found out that a lot of people are modifing these particular players so they will play any region DVDs. I am just wondering if this whole 4-digit code thing might be some sort of side effect of modifing these players, or maybe on this player the modification was done wrong and this is the resulting problem. Since I have no idea if this player was modified of not, and since I have no idea if this is even the problem, I could be completly wrong aboot this whole thing.
Brian

On my Pioneer DV-656-A player I can access the dd and dts tracks by going in and setting up my player to read dvd's and not dvd-a. I keep my player as a default to read dvd-a's unless there is something on the dvd track that I want to listen to or watch.

Now I have searched high and wide for codes to unlock the added features but no luck. I read somewhere that on the Neil Young Harvest dvd-a there is a clue and or code in the liner notes to unlock the bonus features but I couldn't find anything in there.

Back