Please Help! Settings for DTS 96/24 wav authoring in DVD Architect Pro

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kap'n krunch

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Could some please be so kind as to guide me?
I only get static.

I already have the Slideshow and the audio(a dts 96 24 wav file), but the program recognizes it as a 48K 16 bit file in spite of me changing the disc properties to PCM Stereo 96/24 , which I thought was the correct setting.

Do I have to recompress it to the same value , PCM Stereo 96/24 ?

Thanks!

Eh, what you need is 24bit96kHz input files and an encoder that support the DTS 96/24 extension. That should produce a DTS stream that looks (on the outside) the same as a normal full bit rate DTS stream. Inside it will contain the DTS-core (in 48kHz) and the DTS-96/24 extension. Decoders that recognize the extension will tell that it is DTS-96/24, the others don't know better than it is a stand DTS (48kHz) format.
Maybe you should author the disc, like you would with standard DTS (on a DVD-RW) and try it on equipment that supports DTS-96/24.

Eh, what you need is 24bit96kHz input files and an encoder that support the DTS 96/24 extension. That should produce a DTS stream that looks (on the outside) the same as a normal full bit rate DTS stream. Inside it will contain the DTS-core (in 48kHz) and the DTS-96/24 extension. Decoders that recognize the extension will tell that it is DTS-96/24, the others don't know better than it is a stand DTS (48kHz) format.
Maybe you should author the disc, like you would with standard DTS (on a DVD-RW) and try it on equipment that supports DTS-96/24.

I had authored a DTS 96/24 DVd V in this same program before and it came out perfectly , I don't know why it's not working this time.
I authored the DTS stream as I had the previous time too (first the .agm file and then the dts .wav file). The dts wav file has a normal size too (around 450 MB)
What are the setting in the Sony DVD Architect Pro program itself?
And yes, I have authored the disc in a DVD-RW at least 7 times with different settings...

Lesson to be learned...always save the file created in a program for later use or reference - in this case , the file from the other disc i authored seamlessly...

Anybody? Jon, BOb, Neil? anybody who uses the Sony DVD Architect Pro?
I have burned it at least 10 times using different settings and this is the biggest bitch so far I've encountered authorwise.

Last edited:
Hi Kap'n.
Sorry to be so slow, been locked away working....
Why are you using a WAV file? I do not own or understand DVD-Architect, but generally a DTS-WAV file is at 16/44.1 stereo (nominally, as it is a carrier of course).
That can contain a multichannel WAV at 16-20-24/44.1 or stereo at 16-20-24/88.2.
For DVD, we need either .dts (padded) or .cpt (compact) streams.
I assume you asrte yusing the DTS-PSE - can you send me the project file please (or your settings) and I will load it up here & see what I can see.

Anybody? Jon, BOb, Neil? anybody who uses the Sony DVD Architect Pro?
I have burned it at least 10 times using different settings and this is the biggest bitch so far I've encountered authorwise.
Sorry I didn't see this thread. I use DVDLab Pro 2 and Chrome to make my discs. I also encode to MLP for DVDA side.

I already have the Slideshow and the audio(a dts 96 24 wav file), but the program recognizes it as a 48K 16 bit file in spite of me changing the disc properties to PCM Stereo 96/24 , which I thought was the correct setting.

Thanks!

I had always been told that DVD-Architect Pro could not encode DTS streams. So that you've had it work previously is good news.

DTS output can be four types:

.wav - 44.1kHz usually used for DTS-CDs (or as DTS now calls it, DTS Music discs)
.cpt - compact DTS stream - usually used for DVDs
.dts - padded DTS stream - usually used for DVDs
.dtshd - high definition DTS stream - usually used for Blu-Ray

Suggest you encode for either .cpt or .dts. If one of those doesn't work, try the other one. I can't imagine you would have much luck with a .wav file with DTS-Architect of any type. I would expect DVD-Architect Pro to try to re-encode the 44.1-kHz file into 48-kHz which would just produce speaker-splitting static. The key to whatever you do is to not allow DVD-Architect to re-encode the audio track.

When you do get it to work, please let me know what you did. I would really like to be able to put DTS 96/24 tracks on my DVDs.

Andy

Last edited:
Back