Preamp DNR update

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Overture

QQ Supporter
Hey all,

Just a quick video showing off the realtime DNR progress. It's nowhere near as stark in a phone recording as it is in person, so next week I'll record the audio directly and do an update.
It's quite obvious in some parts, especially the tape of the Goon Show, but you can hear it elsewhere as well. Most importantly is that it is adjustable strength, and doesn't particularly colour the audio itself.
Using a multi-octave approach with some other tricks and tweaks.

Oh, this can't be viewed in Russia due to music copyright strikes on youtube. I suspect most members here don't fall under that category.

Cheers
~D

Hey all,

Just a quick video showing off the realtime DNR progress. It's nowhere near as stark in a phone recording as it is in person, so next week I'll record the audio directly and do an update.
It's quite obvious in some parts, especially the tape of the Goon Show, but you can hear it elsewhere as well. Most importantly is that it is adjustable strength, and doesn't particularly colour the audio itself.
Using a multi-octave approach with some other tricks and tweaks.

Oh, this can't be viewed in Russia due to music copyright strikes on youtube. I suspect most members here don't fall under that category.

Cheers
~D

Actually listening to it yesterday in the office over electrostatic speakers the noise reduction sounded much more extreme, more like 10 to 15 dB. Something is lost in this presentation.

I still use prerecorded compact cassettes (and a few artists release their new albums on cassettes), but they no longer use Dolby B NR on prerecorded cassettes.

I'm interested to hear how well this single ended NR system works on noise from cassettes.

Kirk Bayne

Back