PROBLEM SOLVED: Adobe Audition 3 – Need help with ASIO Sound Card Connection

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Quad Guy

Quadraphonic Preservation
Staff member
I've been upgrading the computer and ran into a problem. I’m posting this so those who run into the same issue have help. Feel free to chime in with any comments or questions. What follows is the original question for help:

I’m using a Creative SB X-Fi sound card with Windows 7 - 64 bit and Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi series driver 2.18.0015. I was able to configure and test the sound (5.1) through the surround speakers no problem.

The issue seems to be getting Adobe Audition 3 to recognize the sound driver’s Multi-channel abilities with the proper assignments. I’ve re-installed AA 3 and Creative sound driver. I’ve had “different” options at different times with panning assignments (see photo), but have not had L, R, C, Sub, Ls, Rs option available as yet. I’m now stuck with only “stereo” options. Something is not on the same page.

I was able to make computer/sound card work with Windows XP and AA 2. Any idea what the issue is? Thanks.

EDIT: The solution is in next post..

Attachments

• AA3.jpg
    AA3.jpg
    178.4 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:
Ok, this is the deal. You get different options (see photos) depending upon which “Mode” you’re in. I was in Game Mode. You need to be in “Audio Creation Mode” of course. Still, I couldn’t get any sounds from the rear speakers in “Audio Creation Mode,” it was late night and had set back speakers to “Rear,” when one should use “Side” speakers as the driver is also good for 7.1 set-ups.

You will also need to configure the sound driver for 5.1 each time you change “Modes.” Right click on the sound icon in the task bar for “Playback devices.” Then you will also need to right click the “Speakers” icon (with the green check) to get to the “Configure Speakers.” Here you can also click “Configure” when the “Speakers” icon is highlighted to get the 5.1 or 7.1 sound settings depending on card and set-up.

Bottom line seems to be if you’re not getting surround sound with Creative ASIO Sound Card and Adobe Audition, it’s a driver/soundcard software issue. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• AA3b.jpg
    AA3b.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:
Back