• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Quadraphonic Quad and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Quad Items

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MixerRog

701 Club - QQ All-Star
I have several quad items for sale -- a Marantz Model 2440 that is mainly for a CD4 & Full Logic SQ Decoder that I built into it. I also have the matching CD4 Cartridge in a Sony PS-T22 Turntable. This will allow for great CD4 & SQ playback. You can download pictures of these items + full details of the decoders I built in the mid 70s at https://we.tl/t-0Buhih7XUd I also included pictures of my Heathkit Model AN-2016 Quad tuner - preamp I will also be selling. The JVC VR-8555X Quad receiver only partially works so would be cheap.

I would like to sell at least the Marantz & Turntable together as this will allow for quad playback through any quad or surround system that has analog inputs. I also have the
CD4 test record mentioned for CD4 alignment that would go with it.

I also have QuadraDisks --- Creedence Gold, The Best Of Bread, The Best of Doors. The Tomita Planets & these SQ Discs -- Chicago Greatest Hits, Jim Croce - His Greatest Hits, Santana Abbaxas, Blood Sweat & Tears, Switched-On Bach & The Introduction to the World of Quadraphonic Sound by Various Artists.

I will listen to any serious offers -- just PM me please. All would have shipping & packing added to the price through Fed-X from Lincoln, NE or pickup if near.

I am retired from Sony & have a big collection of Sony Audio equipment also if interested including three STR-D2020 that would be great for 6 channel playback with very low distortion with 130 watts per channel at 8 ohms. Specs easily can be found on the internet.

Rog

Last edited:
I don't know how to use the service at that link. A quick search shows it to maybe be a risky site to use. Could you post the pics here? It does sound interesting. I'd like to see a demod build in a 2240.

I don't know how to use the service at that link. A quick search shows it to maybe be a risky site to use. Could you post the pics here? It does sound interesting. I'd like to see a demod build in a 2240.
WeTransfer is definatly safe -- I have used it for years with no issues. See a PM I sent you please.

Rog

I tried attaching the pictures in a zip file here but the attachment was too large so I uploaded additional pictures that includes more of the Marantz unit at https://we.tl/t-6XjOJMirpp

Picture Marantz6 shows the CD4 decoder & Picture Marantz7 shows the SQ Decoder under the bottom panel. I am including the original service manuals for the Marantz unit & the Sony Turntable also which I show pictures of the front of each. The original Marantz rear channel stereo amplifier is still in the unit but I think I disconnected it as this is just intended to be a interface for decoding Quad LPs. The very rare Marantz wired remote is also included.

I will be sure to check the operation of everything & explain it if a purchase agreement is worked out.

Rog

How's about $25.00 + $5 shipping. What is the condition of the cover and the vinyl?
Thanks
Sorry but I was expecting more. A friend of mine (did not know I had it) just paid $90 + shipping off Ebay from UK for this just a couple of weeks ago so I think it is worth more as in great condition (I can upload pictures if still interested?). I will likely put it on sale at our local record shop along with the other quad stuff only a few blocks away to save me time & trouble shipping it.

Rog

Back