Quad Jukeboxes

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quad Linda

Staff member
Seeburg STD2/ESTD2/SQS2 Entertainer from 1975: squad_a.jpg

Seeburg SPS/ESP2 Matador from 1973: Matador.jpg

Seeburg SS 160 (w/Quad add-on kit) from 1973: 0.jpg

Seeburg STD3/ESTD3 Sunstar from 1976: Sunstar.jpg

Seeburg STD4/ESTD4 Mardi Gras from 1977: 4300113347_566e5a77e8_z.jpg

Seeburg QS 50 lighted speakers (4 sold as package fror Quad): qs50.jpg

The coin-op route I worked in the 80s had a Seeburg Sunstar in a dive, not wired for quad but they did have good ElectroVoice speakers on the walls.
The RockOla is cool, I didn't know they made a quad.

The Rowe R82 must be someone's tribute to Quadrophenia the movie.

Rowe did make an SQ juke, I just found out http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAP...iHApazoMas%2B8q25eZkY%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

It was a variety of the R74 model from 1975 http://tomszone.com/AMI.html#AMI7089 , I have an R74 but not the quad one.

The quad 'board" for these was really nothing more than a "hafler effect" system. I've only ever seen these as passive. It wouldn't make any sense for them to commit to one format or another since they were designed to play 100 records of various content and manufacturers. I'd still love to own one.

I owned the top seeburg for a long time, and these things weigh a ton. Have lots of friends around to move it in or out. Rolls around ok but millions of parts. Make sure it works. It has rca out to the decoder (useless hafler like Tab says) i unplugged it and plugged in a proton. Played all the matrix fine. Loved it that way, but it is really just a big quad light and takes up a lot of space. Not easy to get rid of either. You really want one, live on the ground floor.
The quad 'board" for these was really nothing more than a "hafler effect" system. I've only ever seen these as passive. It wouldn't make any sense for them to commit to one format or another since they were designed to play 100 records of various content and manufacturers. I'd still love to own one.

One of our roller rinks in Lake County (Chicago) had a Sun Star, the one across town had a Mardi Gras - both wired for - what was basically - ambient-rear quad.

But we kids threw our money away anyway every Friday night when the middle school kids had the rink to themselves - reserving the high-school kids for Saturday night - and vice-versa across town.

We'd pump the jukebox full of quarters by the pocketful to dance on the electric purple-blue-and-orange (or yellow, green and pink) swirled tie-dye composition floor and get an earful of Meco Monardo (Star Wars/Cantina Band and Close Encounters on the back) or Donna Summer or the Sylvers, Bee Gees Thelma Houston, Teddy Pendergrass, Stevie Wonder, Alan O'Day, The Jigsaw (Theme from `Man from Hong Kong') Silver (Wham Bam Shangalang) - and when our parents came to pick us up at the end of the night - Barry Manilow, Melissa Manchester and the Carpenters.

Back