Quad of the Month Club?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

symbionproject

Hello all, Kasson here from the electronic act Symbion Project.
I recently released 2 quad albums (4chan wav and 5.1flac) for digital download but had another idea to run by this avid community.
Oh, here's a link to those 2 albums: https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...ms-now-available-in-Quad-(4chan-wav-5-1-flac)

So I'm sure you all are pretty aware of the fact that the music industry for underground musicians is pretty dismal these days. Not many people buy albums and streaming pays crap.
I've been considering moving over to a Patreon model where people get access to my back catalog, access to in-progress songs, and advance listens to albums as part of a monthly subscription.
Even as low as $1 per month, with tiers slightly higher for more access to cool stuff.

One idea I had was to have a "Quad of the Month" tier where each month you get to hear 1-2 songs, mixed in quad/5.1 and available for download.
Depending on how much material I could release per month, the monthly subscription would vary. If it were for just 1 song per month, it might be $2, if I could offer more it would be $3-4.
So rather than wait a year to purchase/hear the surround album, you'd get to be a part of the process and get something new each month.
I've also been reaching out to other bands, that would not normally ever mix their music in surround, to do the mixes for them, and offer those songs also through this subscription service.

Given that really this Quad forum is the only online community for surround music, if you guys aren't interested in such a thing I would just pass, and occasionally release an album here and there and charge $15 for it.
But I think it would be way cooler to go this route. Especially since you'd be able to get more than just the quad releases. I'm considering doing online concerts, advance listens to in-progress material as other cool aspects.

So if this is something you think is interesting, definitely let me know. Even if you have ideas on how I could make it better would be appreciated.
If no one ends up being interested, or just like 5-6 people it wouldn't be worth the time/energy. Hopefully a bunch of you would be!

thanks, kasson
www.symbionproject.com

I really like what you're doing and would love to hear your surround mixes of other people's music, too.

That being said, I am definitely more of an album guy.

I know a Kickstarter or pledgemusic campaign is quite a bit of work in itself but maybe doing something there might be an option? This is my personal thing but I'd love to see a net label (maybe part subscription-based) for electronic surround music.

Back