Quad sync-up possible? Kim Esty - Summer in the Street Radio Mix and Club Mix

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ndiamone

600 Club - QQ All-Star
There's not really a quad sync-up section of the board here
like there is at BSN for stereo, so this is the next closest thing.

Do these two versions sync up well enough to make a quad out of?

Got drafted to sub-in for a soundman at Pride last Sunday and this itty-bitty lesbian chose this as her contest entry for dancing/choreography as well as singing at ten o'clock in the morning using the tracks from the radio version. She showed for dance and placed for singing.: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKGCiszv5q4

Four hours later in the heat of the summer sun, a guy in Streisand Superman drag (or maybe it was supposed to be Bette ``The Rose'' Midler) did the same song, but used tracks from the club remix and won BOTH dance AND singing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiajGzHP7KQ.

It's just tooooo catchy, so I'm torturing everybody next season by putting the remix version in the concert program for next summer - over what I presume will be NUMEROUS :mad:@: from the rest of the orchestra not to mention a number of young up-and-coming production assistants.

But all the tie-dyed white tuxedos I ordered for everybody for next season should make up for it.

I suppose that's why I missed it when it was out in the early 90's since they mostly don't play club mixes on the radio.

I like the extended intro and the eight-bar interlude from the radio version though so I might use it as an interlude for a song build, or just tack it onto the beginning of the remix. if anybody can get me the original Palermo Brothers recording session charts it'd be nice.

The radio version kind of reminds me of a light rain where the girl is staring out of a window remembering and longing for something that once was in a sort of melancholy fashion singing it to herself, while the remix version reminds me of a girl that remembers fondly what happened in that summer so long ago, but is wasting NO time not having fun THIS summer and is basically singing the song to her best friend about the boy in question vs. singing to herself.

So. is it just me or is the remix a better treatment of the song, not to mention a better vocal performance by Kim Esty? Or just two different takes on the same material by the same artist and everything else is imagined?

Oh, and the remix version is some kind of quad or other, maybe Q-Sound or straight QS Hall - keyboards and drums and horns swim around you clockwise and counterclockwise in places.

Back