Quadraphonic Cocktails...

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrSmithers

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
I got quite a good book recently called Booze & Vinyl, that matches classic albums with different cocktails. I haven't properly tested the science yet but it's something fun to look forward to... :)

Anyway it got me thinking it would be quite a blast to have a 70's inspired cocktail evening listening to quad albums... You could have a selection of drinks that were popular then - Snowball, Harvey Wallbanger, Old Fashioned (my fave), Pina Colada.... Not to mention the Babysham and Blue Nun... Maybe even make a fondue?!

Throw on some 70's clobber with a heavy dose of Old Spice and get groovin' away to some great sonics...

But then I also thought why not make some bespoke Quadraphonic cocktails of their own too?! Here's what I came up with so far... What would you choose?! :cool:

Dark Side Of The Moon
Dark Rum, Ginger Beer, Bitters, Skittles

Firebird
Vodka, Tabasco, Tomita Juice

Band On The Rum
Light Rum, Creme De Menthe, Cola (Served in a pint glass, daily)

Eat A Peach
Vodka, Peach Schnapps, Fizzy Orange, Jam

Bitches Brew
Gin, Campari, Sweet Vermouth, Dash of Special Brew

Mysterious Traveller
Pineapple Juice, Lemon, Grenadine, Ginger Ale (For the designated driver - Non Alcoholic)

Nibbles/Sides

Get Your ‘Buffalo’ Wings
Selection of The Best of Bread
Pretzel Logic

What other albums do you think could make good cocktails?!

I got quite a good book recently called Booze & Vinyl, that matches classic albums with different cocktails. I haven't properly tested the science yet but it's something fun to look forward to... :)

Anyway it got me thinking it would be quite a blast to have a 70's inspired cocktail evening listening to quad albums... You could have a selection of drinks that were popular then - Snowball, Harvey Wallbanger, Old Fashioned (my fave), Pina Colada.... Not to mention the Babysham and Blue Nun... Maybe even make a fondue?!

Throw on some 70's clobber with a heavy dose of Old Spice and get groovin' away to some great sonics...

But then I also thought why not make some bespoke Quadraphonic cocktails of their own too?! Here's what I came up with so far... What would you choose?! :cool:

Dark Side Of The Moon
Dark Rum, Ginger Beer, Bitters, Skittles

Firebird
Vodka, Tabasco, Tomita Juice

Band On The Rum
Light Rum, Creme De Menthe, Cola (Served in a pint glass, daily)

Eat A Peach
Vodka, Peach Schnapps, Fizzy Orange, Jam

Bitches Brew
Gin, Campari, Sweet Vermouth, Dash of Special Brew

Mysterious Traveller
Pineapple Juice, Lemon, Grenadine, Ginger Ale (For the designated driver - Non Alcoholic)

Nibbles/Sides

Get Your ‘Buffalo’ Wings
Selection of The Best of Bread
Pretzel Logic

What other albums do you think could make good cocktails?!
Let's light up the night, 'cause, they only come out at night!

If Dutton Vocalion got Derringer done, could they also get this one?

Kahlúa with half 'n half and a twist of lime.

https://www.discogs.com/release/1922877-The-Edgar-Winter-Group-They-Only-Come-Out-At-Night

Here's a few more... 🍸🍹🧉

Electrified Funk (Wild Cherry)
Whiskey, Grenadine syrup, Cola, finished with Cherries

You Don’t Mess Around with Gin (Jim Croce)
Bombay Sapphire Gin, Fever Tree Tonic, Lemon, Ice.

Crazy Eyes (Poco)
Absinthe, Port, Prosecco, Sambuca, Special Brew, with a dash of lime squeezed directly into eyeballs

Ship Ahoy (The O’Jays)
Captain Morgan Rum, Pineapple Juice, Orange, Cinnamon

Summer Breeze (Seals & Croft)
Vodka, Cranberry Juice, Grapefruit Juice (basically a Sea Breeze)

Screaming Eargasm (Johnnie Taylor)
Champagne, Passion Fruit, Amaretto - served with Disco (Lady) crisps

Rocks Martini (Aerosmith)
Gin, Vermouth, olive with a Mint Aero chocolate on the side (served ‘off the Rocks’)

Azteca (Azteca)
Tequila, Lime, Grapefruit, Soda Water

Rose Garden (Lynn Anderson)
Elderflower Juice, Rose Water, Strawberries, Mint

Last edited:
Back