Question About the US SQ Wish You Were Here

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Q8

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Heya, I finally got a copy of WYWH SQ. I had some questions though. The PF page says that they had a gold stamp stating qudraphonic. Mine has no stamp, but a correction sticker that on the spine that has the PCQ number printed on it (which either never printed right in the first place, or faded with time cause you can barely read it. What's the deal with that? Do you think it is an earlier or later copy? Also, did the US SQs come with a post card? I see some auctions with the card, but I dunno if they were legitimately included. If they were, I may track down a card to shove in mine for completeness. Thanks!

Many Columbia & Epic SQ's often were sold with an overlay sticker on the spine in '75 and beyond. This was to change the prefix so that they could charge an extra dollar. CQ or EQ had a $6.98 list price, whereas PCQ or PEQ had a $7.98 list price. This corresponded to KC (stereo) at $5.98 and PC (stereo) at $6.98. I don't recall a prefix change on WYWH.

If the wrap around sticker was used on this title, it would have needed to be over the dark blue shrink wrap which encased the "real" cover. Quads also had a Quadraphonic sticker pasted to the shrink wrap. Regardless of country, the Quad markings are easy to miss, since the spine or LP sides are the only indication the LP is Quad. Before the Immersion box was released, I found an SQ from UK in a used store. The store owner told me he had missed that it was Quad. It was mint and tagged at $8. :banana:

Note the sticker from Korvettes, my favorite 60's and '70's record retailer on this US WYWH SQ. Imagine a discount department store with KILLER sales like Quad LP's at $3.99 and at least a dozen copies in stock of each popular Quad. Tower Records in recent times is all that could rival Korvettes' selection. They advertised themselves as the largest record retailer in the world.

320236567352.jpg

korvettes.jpg

Heya, I finally got a copy of WYWH SQ. I had some questions though. The PF page says that they had a gold stamp stating qudraphonic. Mine has no stamp, but a correction sticker that on the spine that has the PCQ number printed on it (which either never printed right in the first place, or faded with time cause you can barely read it. What's the deal with that? Do you think it is an earlier or later copy? Also, did the US SQs come with a post card? I see some auctions with the card, but I dunno if they were legitimately included. If they were, I may track down a card to shove in mine for completeness. Thanks!

It came with the post card.

Back