Rare Q8: The O'Jays Message in the Music

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Q-Eight

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Quadraphoni...29?pt=Music_Other_Formats&hash=item58acbdb10d

From the Gerbino collection; she's posted a number of these "late" 1976 titles in the early 2-latch cartridges (which date from about '72). Also of particular note is that many of these late title/early cartridges have very iffy graphics and typeface on the cartridge. Like they were made with a colour photocopier that wasn't aligned properly. I bought one off her that had these issues and even the sound wasn't top shelf like some of the Columbia tapes can be. I wonder if her late husband was making copies or whether or not these were like record club re-issues or something.

Don't misunderstand, I'm not criticizing in any way, merely pointing out the oddness of some of these tapes.

I would appreciate it if no one would bid against me on this one or the Isley's Live It Up so either ArmyOfQuad or I can do Fostex conversions of these!

(I'm kidding...kinda)

oh how I'd love to hear these Quad mixes.. two superb albums.. Live It Up's probably even better than 3+3, some stunning guitar work on there, the interplay between Ron & Ernie on "Ain't I Been Good To You" is.. jaw-dropping! :yikes

Although the idea that I carry enough clout that people fear and respect me enough not to bid is a nice one, I think most people wait until the last hour to bid so I'm not getting my hopes up. I was watching a Q8 of Chicago VIII recently that went from $15 to $123.50 in the final 15 minutes!

Although the idea that I carry enough clout that people fear and respect me enough not to bid is a nice one, I think most people wait until the last hour to bid so I'm not getting my hopes up. I was watching a Q8 of Chicago VIII recently that went from $15 to $123.50 in the final 15 minutes!

I've seen the last minute bidding happen on eBay. Part of the excitement and culture, I suppose. As for fear and respect for Steely Dave, absolutely! :)

Yeah, I got outbid on both of them. Both of those titles are at the top of my want-list, but not at those prices.

I scooped mine on a Buy-It-Now for $40. The listing had only been up for about 20 minutes. It's a good'n and is on the list of things to get done. Fear not Quadrapeople!

Hello Guys , Again for anyone that doesnt know I am the grandson of the "gerbino collection" as been stated here. I dont get to get on here very often but when I do I love seeing comments and post about trying to preserve the tapes because that is exactly what he wouldve wanted. Again if anyone has any requests you can send them to my inbox on here and i will make sure to check the collection to see if we still have it. Thanks again .

Jeremy: Thanks for jumping on board here! I'm Javelin-401 on ebay and have been buying as many of your grandfathers' tapes as I can. Thanks very much for offering these tapes back to the community. It's obvious your grandad had the same passion for Quad that many of us here do.

Just curious: How many more tapes do you guys have left to sell?

Jeremy: Thanks for jumping on board here! I'm Javelin-401 on ebay and have been buying as many of your grandfathers' tapes as I can. Thanks very much for offering these tapes back to the community. It's obvious your grandad had the same passion for Quad that many of us here do.

Just curious: How many more tapes do you guys have left to sell?

Ok... yea great buyer thanks for all your purchases. Im not sure of an exact number but a lot for sure but it includes duplicates. I'll see if i can get a estimate this week.

Back