Realistic 8-Track to Cassette Adaptor

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Q8

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Heya guys

I just wanted to post this in case someone is trying to figure out what 8-track to cassette adapters work, and which do not. I picked one of these up for literally a few cents. I've had a couple Sparkomatic adapters for a long time, those play cssettes too fast, but they are pretty reliable. The Sparkomatics are perfect with the use of a casseette to CD/iPod adapter since speed doesn't matter there. I tried this realistic unit, and the speed is spot on! It's a huge monster though. Not portable like the Sparkomatic. it seems to use it's own motor, where the Sparkomatic uses the capstan to drive it (hence the speed problem). The realistic has a very tight tape bay and I could not fit a cassette to ipod adapter in. The wire makes it too big to fit in the tape bay. So get a Sparkomatic if you want to play your ipod/CD player through the 8-track deck. Get a Realistic if you want to actually play cassettes.

The realistic unit:

realistic adapter.jpg

The Sparkomatic:

SPARKOMATIC.jpg

Back