RIP legendary music man & SIRE Records Founder Seymour Stein

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tres Discrete

900 Club - QQ All-Star
QQ Supporter
Ugh…lost my father a week ago & now this.
When I first started working at Warner Bros. Records in 1988, I was as thrilled to meet Seymour as any artist - since he signed so many of my favorite artists (look up SIRE Records & see for yourself…you’re sure to find a few of your favorites…)
He worked out of the Warner Bros. Office in NYC, and was extremely kind & funny - would always make time to talk - even after I left WB.
Rest in Peace, Seymour, you were one of a kind 🙏🏼
https://www.billboard.com/music/music-news/seymour-stein-dead-1235296851/

Thank you very much for your kind words Quad Linda - My father passed suddenly and unexpectedly, so the last week has been a blur. I am sorry for your loss as well - it is never easy…

I agree with you about this forum - lots of good & welcoming folks. It’s nice to find a group of like-minded people - even if we are all a little off our rockers 🙃

Ugh…lost my father a week ago & now this.
When I first started working at Warner Bros. Records in 1988, I was as thrilled to meet Seymour as any artist - since he signed so many of my favorite artists (look up SIRE Records & see for yourself…you’re sure to find a few of your favorites…)
He worked out of the Warner Bros. Office in NYC, and was extremely kind & funny - would always make time to talk - even after I left WB.
Rest in Peace, Seymour, you were one of a kind 🙏🏼
https://www.billboard.com/music/music-news/seymour-stein-dead-1235296851/
I lost my dad last July, as well. He was almost 98 years old, so I feel fortunate to have had him as long as I did, but the loss remains. My sympathies on both losses.

I lost my dad last July, as well. He was almost 98 years old, so I feel fortunate to have had him as long as I did, but the loss remains. My sympathies on both losses.
Thank you.
My sympathies in your loss as well…but 98 years is a good run for your father!
My Dad was 83, but he did live independently until the end, and went quickly, which is the way he wanted it 🙏🏼

Back