Rock Docs! Performances! And other Music Related Video Collections!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uncle Obscure

QQ Supporter
Hopefully, the thread title says it all. So, show us your vids!

Here are two Beatle docs in my library. In both cases, I prefer the uncompressed, non-lossy sound of the OG Laserdiscs. As always, YMMV.

BTW, why the hell has there never been a Blu-ray (or better yet, a 4K UHD Dolby Atmos) release of The Beatles Anthology?? Talk about a missed opportunity...sheesh!

BeatlesVisitLD1.jpg
BeatlesVisitLD2.jpg
BeatlesVisitDVD1.jpg
BeatlesVisitDVD2.jpg
BeatlesAnthologyLD1.jpg
BeatlesAnthologyLD2.jpg
BeatlesAnthologyDVD1.jpg
BeatlesAnthologyDVD2.jpg

This is one of my all-time favorite performance videos. Magical performances and magnificent DTS 5.1 surround sound. They don't come any better than this. Roy Orbison, Black & White Night is a delight from start to finish. And, those "Friends," just WOW. I miss Image Entertainment...

Orbison1.jpg
Orbison2.jpg

Patterned largely after those late '50s / early '60s traveling roadshow tours of teen idols and pop stars, The T-A-M-I Show is a fascinating (and at times, awkward looking) concert film. Shot in 1964 and after a very brief theatrical run, The T-A-M-I Show went out of circulation for decades. But, in 2009 when the venerable DVD was still riding high, SHOUT Factory invaded the vaults and produced a remastered, uncut, fully restored version of the film. This is a concert flick any respectable card-carrying rock fan should see at least once.

TAMI Show1.jpg
TAMI Show2.jpg

Back