Sacred Love: Best Selling Surround Album of All Time

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmoura

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
Universal Music International says tomorrow's edition of the Billboard Top 100 European Albums chart will show the Hybrid Surround Sound SACD edition of Sting's "Sacred Love" album as the #1 Selling Album in Europe.

Universal Music International also says the over 600,000 copies of the SACD shipped so far in Europe makes the Sacred Love Limited Edition SACD "the most successful Multi-channel, Surround Sound album in history".

Check the story on High Fidelity Review at http://www.highfidelityreview.com/news/news.asp?newsnumber=11854177 for more details.

narcopolo said:
http://www.highfidelityreview.com/news/news.asp?newsnumber=11854177

re: "More than one hundred albums are already available from Universal Music - the world's largest music company - including twenty-two titles in the Rolling Stones Remastered series"

I didn't know Universal Music took over Abkco Records. When did that occur?

Universal Music International distributes ABKCO outside the U.S. market - including Europe (where the Sting SACD news originates from) and Japan.

I was talking about the new Sting album with Andy Mc Kaie over at Universal the other day and he said we should be seeing more Sting on SACD.Personally, I much rather see Nothing Like The Sun more than the new one-but if the sales of the new one take off an generate interest in remastering the rest of the catalog for hi-rez I'm all for it!

dusted said:
I was talking about the new Sting album with Andy Mc Kaie over at Universal the other day and he said we should be seeing more Sting on SACD.Personally, I much rather see Nothing Like The Sun more than the new one-but if the sales of the new one take off an generate interest in remastering the rest of the catalog for hi-rez I'm all for it!

Any chance of them taking a crack at the entire Police catalog in multichannel? Based on the "Every Breath You Take" disc, that could be REALLY nice...

Oh, I know they went stereo-only on the recent SACD releases, but a guy can dream, can't he?

bizmopeen said:
Any chance of them taking a crack at the entire Police catalog in multichannel? Based on the "Every Breath You Take" disc, that could be REALLY nice...

Oh, I know they went stereo-only on the recent SACD releases, but a guy can dream, can't he?

Could be sometime down the road. In the meantime, more Sting on SACD seems more likely.

dusted said:
Personally, I much rather see Nothing Like The Sun more than the new one
"Nothing Like the Sun," along with a couple others, are already available in surround as DTS releases. I'm assuming, as Universal did with the Police disc, they'll be re-releasing them (presumably in the same mixes) as SACD (and DVD-A) discs in the near future.

Personally I'd rather see "Dream of the Blue Turtles," and I never understood why that one wasn't give the DTS treatment. Makes me worry that the masters have gone missing...

dprokopy said:
Personally I'd rather see "Dream of the Blue Turtles," and I never understood why that one wasn't give the DTS treatment. Makes me worry that the masters have gone missing...

Could be. According to DTS, that's why they released Gaucho instead of Aja in DTS 5.1 - some of the AJA master tapes were missing.

bmoura said:
Could be. According to DTS, that's why they released Gaucho instead of Aja in DTS 5.1 - some of the AJA master tapes were missing.

Actually, Sting's first solo album was listed on one of those notorious DTS announcement lists back in 1997-99. DTS 5.1 CD releases then began to slow dramatically and the new formats emerged and this fell by the wayside. I used to swap msgs with Rory Kaplan and he gave no reason to think this one couldn't happen someday.

timbre4 said:
Actually, Sting's first solo album was listed on one of those notorious DTS announcement lists back in 1997-99. DTS 5.1 CD releases then began to slow dramatically and the new formats emerged and this fell by the wayside. I used to swap msgs with Rory Kaplan and he gave no reason to think this one couldn't happen someday.

Time will tell. Universal Music continues to add titles to their list of upcoming SACDs. But I haven't spotted any additional ones from Sting - yet.

Back