Seeking Source Guide for Quad component and media shopping.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Greetings Quadlings!

I'm new to quad systems and am wondering if there is really much media out there in Rock, Hard Rock, and Metal music which would make it worthwhile for me to even invest in a Quad system. I just bought a Marantz 8 track player (exclusively), thinking it'd be nice to have IF I come across a Quad 8 track album. I've been shopping on Ebay for quad receivers and am on the fence about even going that route due to my limited taste in media.

Media I would really like to get in Quad LP form are: Led Zep, Black Sabbath, Ozzy, Early Priest, Scorpions, Nazareth, Ted Nugent, Slade, The Knack, Cheap Trick, Pink Floyd, Deep Purple, Van Halen?, AC/DC, Metallica, G&R, etc. What is out there in this genre which would make a quad system worth investing in?

Thank you for your helpful info.!

TIOTR

Greetings Quadlings!

I'm new to quad systems and am wondering if there is really much media out there in Rock, Hard Rock, and Metal music which would make it worthwhile for me to even invest in a Quad system. I just bought a Marantz 8 track player (exclusively), thinking it'd be nice to have IF I come across a Quad 8 track album. I've been shopping on Ebay for quad receivers and am on the fence about even going that route due to my limited taste in media.

Media I would really like to get in Quad LP form are: Led Zep, Black Sabbath, Ozzy, Early Priest, Scorpions, Nazareth, Ted Nugent, Slade, The Knack, Cheap Trick, Pink Floyd, Deep Purple, Van Halen?, AC/DC, Metallica, G&R, etc. What is out there in this genre which would make a quad system worth investing in?

Thank you for your helpful info.!

TIOTR

Welcome TIOTR,
Your best resource for finding a complete listing of what was available in quad would be Mark Anderson's Quad Discography; http://www.surrounddiscography.com/quaddisc/quadpall.htm
This will give you a list of everything that was released in the original 4.0 quadraphonic format in LP form, Quad 8 track and Quad reel. As far as quad LP's from the bands you list, Deep Purple had Stormbringer and Machine Head, Ted Nugent had Free-For-All, Pink Floyd had Atom Heart Mother, Dark Side of the Moon, Wish you Were Here, Black Sabbath had Paranoid. That's about it in LP form from your list. All these titles are also available in the quad 8 track format. There are lots of other great artists available though, so you should check out that list.

Back