• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Quadraphonic Quad and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

***SOLD** Donald Fagen - A Smorgasboard of Surround!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

G E

300 Club - QQ All-Star
Submitted for your consideration, a trifecta of Donald Fagen in Hi-rez surround:

The Nightfly, DVD-A, hi-rez MCH and Stereo also DTS and DVD video.

Media is NM, insert is NM, super jewel case is VG++ I see some light scuffing under halogen lighting. The back insert is wavy like lots of the Warner/reprise releases and there is also a half in punch hole through the UPC, but not through the plastic.

$39 + $4 media mail CONUS. Alaska and HI ask....

Kamakiriad, Japanese release DVD-A. Plays advanced resolution surround and stereo. Includes libretto if you want to sing along in Japanese. Amaze your friends!

Media is Good. There is a scuff 1/2 x 1/4 inch in the middle of the disc. It does not effect play in the hi-res surround or stereo areas. Nor is there any evidence of air exposure to the aluminum substrate. Money back guarantee if it will not play on your machine. Insert NM, Super jewel case is NM, comes in plastic bag with a sticker written in Japanese. This disc had largely disappeared from channels when I bought it and went for big bucks on the used market. That is why I did not return it to Japan, last copy!

$39 + $4 media mail CONUS, Alaska and HI ask...

Morph the Cat, DVD-A + CD, plays advanced resolution surround and stereo and redbook.

Media is VG++ (there is a line on the right hand side of the disc that I can't tell was intentional or if a printing error. It has no effect on playback), Insert is NM, jewel case VG++

$24 + $4 media mail CONUS, Alaska and HI ask.

Buy all three for $89 and get free shipping!

Last edited:
Yeah...

I thought long and hard about these discs and whether to sell or not. But in the end I have not played them in years.

I put $10k into my analog front end and and it’s stunning. 99% of playback is vinyl.

Sellers remorse? ... not yet. :oops:

I still have chestnuts that may appear for sale. The Zappa quad stuff, the DTS porcupine tree productions, Bowie SACDs (not my dvd-a’s though), Pete Ubu and perhaps my British versions of the talking heads hi-Rez

And then there are the Japanese shm-SACDs.....

Yeah...

I thought long and hard about these discs and whether to sell or not. But in the end I have not played them in years.

I put $10k into my analog front end and and it’s stunning. 99% of playback is vinyl.

Sellers remorse? ... not yet. :oops:

$10k into rear speakers would be more epic! :)

$10k into rear speakers would be more epic! :)

I thought about that too, but analog through top notch playback, including NOS Mullard tubes (pre 1956) is beguiling. I get giddy when I sit down and the first notes play. And so many more records available than surround digital.

Here is the guy I got my Trumpet phono from. I started with his entry level solid state, moved to entry tube and finally the cake taker: https://hagerman-audio-labs.myshopify.com/collections/phono-preamps

Back