Space age pop surrounds you this weekend

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Brent

300 Club - QQ All-Star
On July 16, 1945, as part of the Manhattan Project, the first detonation of a nuclear weapon, code name Trinity, brought the world into the Atomic Age. In the Fall of 1957 we entered the space age. It began with the launch of Sputnik on October 4th, and fully hit it's stride one month later as Audio Fidelity released the first commercially successful stereophonic record.
This weekend, EZMax presents non-stop space age pop music - and we do it with a twist - beginning at 12:01 am Saturday morning we'll be playing 12 straight hours of the best of the Space Age pop catalog in glorious Stereophonic sound - then we double down. For the next 12 hours - The space age surrounds us, with the next step in the evolution of sound - Every track will be in true matrix quadraphonic sound. we then repeat the programs on Sunday. Throughout the weekend you'll hear

Herb Alpert, Leroy Anderson, Stanley Black, Frank Chacksfield, Martin Denny, Percy Faith, Jackie Gleason, Marty Gold, Ted Heath, Horst Jankowski, Bert Kaempfert, Stan Kenton, Enoch Light, Henry Mancini, Hugo Montenegro, Tony Mottola, Billy Mure
and just a few others...
logo.jpg

12x12show-s.jpg

locked in the playlist for this weekend. I plan on doing 2 or 3 quad shows each week - each ~an hour long - and repeated once during that same week. then maybe a new 12 hour marathon every 3 months or so. comments are welcome. this time out (beginning roughly at noon (US East coast time) on Saturday (tomorrow) here is what I'm send in out ....
Percy Faith – Joy (full LP in SQ); Percy Faith - Day By Day (full LP in SQ); Ray Conniff - Harmony (full LP in SQ)
Ray Conniff - The Happy Sound of (full LP in SQ); Doc Severensen - Fever (full LP in QS); Enoch Light – Dynamite (full LP in QS); Enoch meets the Beatles. (full LP in QS); Free Design - Kites Are Fun (full LP in QS);
Enoch Light – A New Concept in Cole Porter (Side 2 in QS); Brass Menagerie 1973 (Side 1 in SQ)
The Loss Consortium (full LP in SQ); The Bob Crewe Generation (Let Me Touch You) Full LP in ….?
Broadway Bassie's way - (full LP in QS); Billy Mure (side 1 in EV4); Persuasive Percussion (Side 1 in QS)
Sony's Song – (Side 1 in EV-4); Bobby Hackett - (full LP in QS); Enoch Light - Saced Out. (full LP in QS)
Enoch Light - Charge (full LP in QS); Future Sound Shock (full LP in QS); Tony Motolla - Classical Gas
Tony Mottola - Superstar Guitar (full LP in QS); and singles from the phase 4 quad demo lp (they actually put one out); Frank Chacksfield & His Orchestra - Victory At Sea (single track in QS)
London Festival Orchestra - Sunrise Sunset (Molly Picon & Robert Merrill) (single track in QS)
Mantovani & His Orchestra - Stranger In Paradise (single track in QS)
Maurice Larcange - Once Upon A Summertime (single track in QS)
Roland Shaw & His Orchestra - Solamente Una Vez (single track in QS)
Ronnie Aldrich - By The Time I Get To Phoenix (single track in QS)
Stanley Black - Fantasy Impromptu, I Love Paris, Meadowlands and More (4 single tracks in QS)
Ted Heath - The Girl From Ipanema (single track in QS)
Edmundo Ros & His Orchestra - Good Morning Starshine (single track in QS)

Back