The Jimi Hendrix Experience "Live At The Hollywood Bowl: August 18, 1967" (11/10/2023-Experience Hendrix)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

5.1 4 Life

300 Club - QQ All-Star
Description
This recording has never before been released or even bootlegged. It captures the Jimi Hendrix Experience at a unique moment in their illustrious career. Before a sold out audience of 17,000 people, the Experience overwhelmed an unsuspecting audience with a superb show that encompassed his renditions of songs by the Beatles, Bob Dylan, Howlin’ Wolf and Muddy Waters as well as signature songs such as “Purple Haze” and “The Wind Cries Mary”. Are You Experienced, the group’s debut album, had not yet been released by Jimi’s label Reprise.

Tracklist
1. Introduction
2. Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
3. Killing Floor
4. The Wind Cries Mary
5. Foxey Lady
6. Catfish Blues
7. Fire
8. Like A Rolling Stone
9. Purple Haze
10. Wild Thing

1695159469235.png

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CGZDN4MT/?tag=imwan-20

Monterey Pop To The Hollywood Bowl is a new mini-documentary which details Jimi Hendrix's tumultuous journey upon his return to the U.S. in June 1967, through August of that year. Featuring new interviews from The Mamas & The Papas vocalist Michelle Phillips, longtime Paul McCartney guitarist Brian Ray and others, the impact of Hendrix's Hollywood Bowl performance by eye witnesses is discussed, and is placed in historic context.

Well yeah, more Hendrix please and thank you!

Is this a live 2-track or an actual multitrack mix? (1967... So a 4-track at most in such a case?)

Is it "5.1 for life" or "5.1.4 life"? Bet you didn't originally see that coming! :D

Great mini doc thanks.
Guess Im going to have to get this. Im still enjoying the LA Forum concert released last year....
And my order is still in for Electric Lady Studios A Jimi Hendrix Vision.

Great mini doc thanks.
Guess Im going to have to get this. Im still enjoying the LA Forum concert released last year....
And my order is still in for Electric Lady Studios A Jimi Hendrix Vision.
So is my order for the Electric Lady Studios set. And I question why that set is being held up while other Jimi Hendrix Experience In Concert sets are being released.

That mini documentary was good: I'd seen those pics of them all on the couch and assumed it was in Laurel Canyon at someone's house. But it was backstage at the Bowl!

Pretty wild that his album wasn't released in the states for another couple weeks & nobody knew anything about him

Back