Tim Bowness (no-man) new album (mixed by Steven Wilson)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 1679

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Well, Tim Bowness has officially announced his upcoming new album "Abandoned Dancehall Dreams" - release date tba. It's an auto-buy for me as I love Tim's stuff both with no-man and his assorted other projects. Looks like it should be a good one with contributions from Pat Mastelotto, Colin Edwin etc and of course I suspect the Steven Wilson mix will be very well done as usual. No mention of 5.1 but it does say "more details about the contents" so you never know I guess....it'd be nice for sure.

It is a bit of a shame though that most of the stuff was written for a projected new no-man album which would have been very welcome in my collection.

Update on the album on Tim's website - http://www.timbowness.co.uk/news.html

24th March 2014
InsideOutMusic is extremely pleased to announce the signing of Tim Bowness (no-man, Henry Fool, Memories of Machines) for the release of his forthcoming second solo album Abandoned Dancehall Dreams.

Tim had this to say about the signing:
"I'm really looking forward to working with Inside Out for the first time. Abandoned Dancehall Dreams is a departure from my previous solo work and is perhaps more in line with the widescreen, cinematic nature of No-Man's music. As such, it's like an exciting new beginning on all fronts."

InsideOutMusic label-head Thomas Waber adds:
"We are very excited to be working on Tim's excellent new solo album. We have been fans of his music for a while now and are looking forward to the possibilities that this new partnership can bring."

Abandoned Dancehall Dreams is slated for a 23rd June 2014 release and was produced by Bowness and mixed by Steven Wilson. It also features performances from Pat Mastelotto (King Crimson), Colin Edwin (Porcupine Tree), Anna Phoebe (Trans-Siberian Orchestra) and members of the no-man live band (Stephen Bennett, Michael Bearpark, Pete Morgan, Steven Wilson, Andrew Booker and Steve Bingham).

Tim Bowness is primarily known as vocalist/co-writer with the band no-man, a long-running collaboration with Steven Wilson (Porcupine Tree). In addition to releasing six studio albums and a documentary DVD with no-man, Tim has worked with popular Italian artist Alice, Robert Fripp, Hugh Hopper (Soft Machine), OSI and Roxy Music's Phil Manzanera (amongst many others), and is a member of the bands Henry Fool and Memories Of Machines.

Tracklisting and formats confirmed. No 5.1 unfortunately. http://www.timbowness.co.uk/news.html

Abandoned Dancehall Dreams is released by InsideOutMusic on 23rd June 2014.

The album was produced by Tim Bowness and mixed by Steven Wilson.

It also features performances from Pat Mastelotto (King Crimson), Colin Edwin (Porcupine Tree), Anna Phoebe (Trans-Siberian Orchestra) and members of the no-man live band (Stephen Bennett, Michael Bearpark, Pete Morgan, Steven Wilson, Andrew Booker and Steve Bingham).

Abandoned Dancehall Dreams will be released as a limited edition 2CD digipak, 180g gatefold LP (incl. album on CD) & digital download.

Details of the album pre-order will be announced soon.

Disc 1

Abandoned Dancehall Dreams

The Warm-Up Man Forever (4.06)
Smiler At 50 (8.19)
Songs Of Distant Summers (5.02)
Waterfoot (4.14)
Dancing For You (5.59)
Smiler At 52 (4.05)
I Fought Against The South (8.51)
Beaten By Love (3.28)

Disc 2

Abandoned Dancehall Mixes:
There Were Days (Smiler At 52, Grasscut mix) (4.53)
Sounds Of Distant Summers (Songs Of Distant Summers, Richard Barbieri mix) (5.31)
Singing For You (Dancing For You, UXB mix) (4.42)
Abandoned Dancehall Outtakes:
Abandoned Dancehall Dream (2.25)
The Sweetest Bitter Pill (3.51)
The Warm-Up Man Forever (band version) (4.15)
Songs Of Distant Summers Part 1 (band version) (4.55)
Songs Of Distant Summers Part 2 (band version) (3.59)

ADD300.jpg

Mine came while I was away for the Nick Cave show in Denver. I gave it the first play this afternoon and really liked it a lot, will try get to the bonus disc tomorrow. Very worthwhile addition to my collection.

All I can say is great album but why no Surround version its crying out for it.
'Warm up man' & 'I fought against the south' great songs

Stunningly beautiful album, liking it a lot since first listen. Smiler at 50 is my favourite track by now, I love the piano intro with Ann phoebe on violin and then the majestic outro à la King Crimson. To my surprise, I like it more than Schoolyard Ghosts (and the bar was set really high).
Will there ever be a reissue in 5.1 for ADD? With that, this record would have been close to a 10 for me!

Back