UK SACD Fans - Hot Rocks going cheap at Asda

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Patrick Cleasby

400 Club - QQ All-Star
Since 2002/2003
Just noticed the Hybrid SACD of Hot Rocks in the cheap section at Asda at £7.97 - fully expect this to be a chain wide promo if you're interested...

...I know some people don't like the sound of it, but it feels like a bargain to me...

Patrick Cleasby said:
Just noticed the Hybrid SACD of Hot Rocks in the cheap section at Asda at £7.97 - fully expect this to be a chain wide promo if you're interested...

...I know some people don't like the sound of it, but it feels like a bargain to me...

Patrick

Many thanks for the tip. I dived into ASDA for a pint of milk and came out with Hot Rocks too!! That was in Luton, so i guess you are right about it being nationwide. HMV have it for £22.99!

Thanks again

beerman37 said:
How does this sound? 2 channel only I imagine

Well, yes it is stereo only and it clearly sounds 'recorded in the 60's,' but the SACD layer has greater clarity than the CD layer. The vocals in particular are slightly sharper. The bass does not have the punch that can be found on modern SACD and DVD-A, and is a bit 'woolly.' However, at £7.97 for a double disc, it is still considerably cheaper than the standard CD, £16.99 on www.cd101.co.uk. If you live in the UK, or are visiting you really can't go wrong with this disc.

Last edited:
Back