Which price do I want to pay Genesis 1970-1975

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't find any information on regions for the DVDs. But, wasn't there PAL (from Europe) and NTSC (from Japan) versions of the previous sets?

I didn't find any information on regions for the DVDs. But, wasn't there PAL (from Europe) and NTSC (from Japan) versions of the previous sets?

All Sacd box sets are imports.
I have preordered the first one(cheaper of 2) listed from Amazon and am hoping its the Ntsc one. I'm sure over the next few weeks those boxsets will be listed properly, its still a couple of months till release date.

The previous boxsets were available in three versions:

US - redbook CD (remixed stereo), NTSC DVD (with 5.1 dd, dts)
EU - SACD/CD hybrid (5.1, remixed stereo), PAL DVD (")
Japan - SACD/CD hybrid as per EU, NTSC DVD as per US

....so for US customers wanting the SACD versions the Japanese boxsets were the ones to go for if you don't have a multi-format DVD player (I don't think there is any region coding on the DVD's)

Hope this helps

R E Faust

The information is still too sketchy; CD Universe shows individual album imports on 9/28 and box sets on 10/30 and this may change yet again. I'll go for SACD + NTSC DVDs so I can play everywhere. Expecting to be around $200 for that box...

Nov 10th is the official release date, according to the Genesis web site.

HMV Japan were very popular for the first two boxsets for those in the US who wanted the SACD's and NTSC DVD's. There were long threads on the Genesis message boards about prices etc.

R E Faust

hey as I have few of the other discs, is there much video content? OR why do I need the video disc if I have SACD discs.Or why spend extra $$$$$ for a NTSC over a Pal and my OPPO does play Pal I think.

This is the deal I'm trying on the 1970-1975 box:

Genesis ~ Genesis 1970-1975 [SACD] [Box] [Remastered] Pre-order CD (11/11/2008) $161.69 ($230.98 list)
https://www.wherehouse.com/music/product-detail.jsp?id=2825684
30% off promo coupon WH919 = $48.51 discount for sell price of $113.18 + tax (depends on state shipped to) & shipping for a total of $127.46 delivered to TN.

Sure there's a chance this is an error; I see no US CD/DVD version as yet. What the hell....."place order"...

All 9/30 releases are now 11/11 on this site. :)

I found the UK import sacd version on Tower.com for $138 right now. I cross referenced the UPC number on Amazon and it pulled up the the $154.98 version. Not a bad savings, plus Tower ships pretty fast as well.

Back