Windows 10 BSoDeath(STOPCODE) reboot with Netflix, VLC, etc.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kap'n krunch

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
well, I had to get a cheap Lenovo in Sept for my classes and had to bite the bullet and get a PC with Win 10 (UGH!).

It's REALLY slow right off the bat (AMD chip) and after I installed VLC and Adobe Audition(posted here a few weeks ago) it's restarting every time I watch Netflix (not Hulu, which is interesting) and VLC (it REALLY does not like VLC!!!!!)...
I tried doing a couple of stupid things but it really doesn't get better..
any help from you genius guys?

Domo arigato!

well, I had to get a cheap Lenovo in Sept for my classes and had to bite the bullet and get a PC with Win 10 (UGH!).

It's REALLY slow right off the bat (AMD chip) and after I installed VLC and Adobe Audition(posted here a few weeks ago) it's restarting every time I watch Netflix (not Hulu, which is interesting) and VLC (it REALLY does not like VLC!!!!!)...

Domo arigato!
I feel your pain.
My family & AV PC's still use Win 7. The latter I am keeping as long as I can since I have the perfect combination of audio/video capture cards, editing software, etc. Even my Delta 1010 must plug into a PCI slot not a PCIE. Etc. But sometimes I know I'll have to change as well, probably on the family PC first. So even tho I don't have Win 10 yet I still read articles about it & collect bookmarks that might help in the future. One of these is from PC Magazine. It's rather general purpose but it gives some good info on Win 10 apps & process' that might slow you down.

A few years ago there was a thread started here that addressed the pains of migrating to Win 10. Me thinks it was started by Winopener & I remember several good contributions from Jon. Might check around for that.

I will be watching this thread closely. Good luck!

It can be simple things. I've got the Dish Satellite TV and I can get it on the pc. I was having all sorts of problems until they said to only use Chrome with their pc App.
Seems to have pretty much solved the problems. I don't know anything about Netflix or how it works though.

For a free diagnostic/repair tool to work on strictly Windows 10 problems, I use the Windows Repair Tool from tweaking.com. That, and frequent backups have saved my bacon many times. They also have a paid version, but I've not used it yet
Good Luck.

Domo arigato!
Bump.
I can't help but be curious how things are shapeing up! Any progress?

Back