• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Quadraphonic Quad and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WTB: Beck - Sea Change (any 5.1 format)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monkish

Hi, everyone -- I've lost a couple of Sea Change auctions on eBay recently, so I'm turning to the group to see if anyone has this for sale in any of the three formats (SACD/DVD-A/BD).

I'd love to get this for $50 or less (which, looking at actual eBay/Discogs sales, might be reasonable for at least the SACD?). I always seem to only see the ones that hang around $75-100 (or get outbid when one comes around for less).

Anyhow... if anyone can help, let me know!

Hi, everyone -- I've lost a couple of Sea Change auctions on eBay recently, so I'm turning to the group to see if anyone has this for sale in any of the three formats (SACD/DVD-A/BD).

I'd love to get this for $50 or less (which, looking at actual eBay/Discogs sales, might be reasonable for at least the SACD?). I always seem to only see the ones that hang around $75-100 (or get outbid when one comes around for less).

Anyhow... if anyone can help, let me know!
I was looking at one this morning that I was going to bid on, but when it went over 50, I never even bid. Good luck!

Iā€™ve got spare sealed copies too, on SACD and DVD-A.
Though if the latter is the preferred version maybe I oughta keep it?

I wish Iā€™d bought a few extra copies when I first bought mine )). Checked my order history on Amazon and got the DVD-A under $18 and Blu-ray under $28. Both are going for just under $100 on Amazon now šŸ˜µ

I guess I should feel guilty for owning copies in blu ray, DVD-A and SACD format.

When I knew in 2016 that I was a year away from retirement, I went on a binge of surround disc purchasing. While I may have overpaid in some cases relative to prices at that time, and also entirely missed out in other cases(Avalon, etc.), I do believe in retrospect that my timing was incredibly fortuitous. Since then, Iā€™ve passed on some things, like 4 or 5 Jethro Tull releases that I have no interest in, and I have no regrets about any of those decisions. My glass is more than half full or, to use Biblical speak, my cup runneth over.

Edit: No knock against Tull/Anderson, as I have and love Stand Up, Benefit, Aqualung, TAAB, Minstrel In The Gallery, TAAB2, Songs From The Wood, and A Passion Play.

Last edited:
My BD is sold.
@The Rang DVD-A is my preference just because it's PCM and works well with the bass-management on my systems. Plus they sometimes have video content and such. The Sea Change SACD sounds amazing anyways.
I think I am coming to the same conclusion on DVD-A.
On a related note, I just listened/watched yesterday to a fantastic DVD-A sampler from Acura wherein Elliott Scheiner builds up a surround mix speaker by speaker then puts it all together.
There are also some great sounding musical selections on it.
Does anyone know if there are any cars currently offering surround capable sound systems?
l would certainly consider one if we ever get through the chip shortage!

I think I am coming to the same conclusion on DVD-A.
On a related note, I just listened/watched yesterday to a fantastic DVD-A sampler from Acura wherein Elliott Scheiner builds up a surround mix speaker by speaker then puts it all together.
There are also some great sounding musical selections on it.
Does anyone know if there are any cars currently offering surround capable sound systems?
l would certainly consider one if we ever get through the chip shortage!
Here's one...
https://www.soundandvision.com/content/mercedes-meets-atmos

Back