4 more Quadio titles coming in May 2024!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Received my bundle yesterday also with slight case damage on one. Just got through Roberta disk and gound that very well balanced. A couple of up beat, bouncy numbers on there too which you usually don't think of with Ms. Flack. I had never heard the album so it's a pleasant surprise. Now, on to the rest.....

I'm still waiting for mine to be shipped. ordered them the day of release but I guess Rhino had too many orders. In the meantime, please keep sharing your opinion of the sound for the rest of them.

Another aspect that is often overlooked, a heavy vehicle is a death sentence on any pedestrian or cyclist.
Not only are SUVs and pickup trucks heavy, they also have a front end shaped like a house brick. I'm amazed they pass EU legislation about impacts on pedestrians, cars have to have rounded bonnets (hoods in US terms) so pedestrians roll off the side rather than hitting the windscreen and it's all about minimising energy transferred to the pedestrian. I suspect SUVs have some exemption, but in my view they shouldn't. They're too large, heavy, and impactful for UK and EU road conditions. Unfortunately they are an increasing proportion of vehicles on the roads.

HiKPusn.jpg

All SDE Surround Series (waiting on the mail for 21) and QUAD Series in the House

Regards,

I thought my God you haven't played any of these, but then I saw it's not original shrinkwrap.

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Some quad albums I haven't opened it yet, but I will when I get the urge for it. Do not care for Randy Newman - Good old Boys Quad so probably I will never open/listen to it, but I got it for the completist on me or to sell in the future.

Regards,

Last edited:
Yes, Acoustic Sounds has them and their shipping dept could give lessons.
They are/were $1.25 @ piece when I bought mine. Shipping will double the cost, so purchase plenty and if you recieve cracked/damaged it will be no problem 😊
Every company could stand to learn a few shipping lessons from Acoustic Sounds. Best in the industry.

I thought my God you haven't played any of these, but then I saw it's not original shrinkwrap.
HiKPusn.jpg

All SDE Surround Series (waiting on the mail for 21) and QUAD Series in the House

Regards,

I thought the same thing and had the same realization.
Just curious @sperezmore , what are you using in place of the shrink wrap.... plastic baggies and zip lock bags?
Not a bad idea to keep the covers clean and unworn but I think I'm to lazy to take the extra step every time I pull one out to play.

This latest bundle is awesome. I am really enjoying the Quad mixes. I love the expansive, wrap-a-round sound, the muted trumpets sounding like they're coming from beyond the studio, the background vocals in their own place, the lead vocals in the front and sometimes moving around the soundstage. Percussion accents are placed high in the mix. The strings swirl both above and below. You don't just hear the bass notes, you feel them. These quad mixes balance the individual voices with the overall sound. I really feel like I am in the presence of the band, eavesdropping on their interactions. These are four lovely albums with great songs, performance and production. One of my favorite tracks is Roberta Flack's No Tears (In the End). Absolute bliss!

I thought the same thing and had the same realization.
Just curious @sperezmore , what are you using in place of the shrink wrap.... plastic baggies and zip lock bags?
Not a bad idea to keep the covers clean and unworn but I think I'm to lazy to take the extra step every time I pull one out to play.

QSYveHq.jpg

Use these for 4K Blu-ray, Blu-ray, Blu-ray Audio, QUAD Blu-ray, SACD, DualDisc, some DVD Audio and CD cases

Regards,

Last edited:
Open those discs and invite James Worthy over to hear them.
For anyone not getting the reference here, sperezmore is located in Gastonia, North Carolina. Ex-LA Lakers (NBA) and University of North Carolina basketball great James Worthy is from Gastonia also - this all coming from a lifelong fan of UNC's primary rival Duke, interestingly enough.:sneaky: Okay, my apology for the sidebar and back to surround sound matters!

Every company could stand to learn a few shipping lessons from Acoustic Sounds. Best in the industry.
Only if you live in the US. It costs an absolute fortune to ship from them to anywhere else in the world, typically triple the price of the disc even before customs and customs collection fees. I did that once for Wish You Were Here SACD and never again once I worked out the total bill, I think that disc cost me close to £100 in the end.

This latest bundle is awesome. I am really enjoying the Quad mixes. I love the expansive, wrap-a-round sound, the muted trumpets sounding like they're coming from beyond the studio, the background vocals in their own place, the lead vocals in the front and sometimes moving around the soundstage. Percussion accents are placed high in the mix. The strings swirl both above and below. You don't just hear the bass notes, you feel them. These quad mixes balance the individual voices with the overall sound. I really feel like I am in the presence of the band, eavesdropping on their interactions. These are four lovely albums with great songs, performance and production. One of my favorite tracks is Roberta Flack's No Tears (In the End). Absolute bliss!
I agree, all good ones, but each of these in the new bundle offer up a different quad perspective, different mix style. The Hathaway is the most interesting right out of the gate for me. I think he was heading for major stardom going into the 70s, as it's obvious he had the voice, talent, and creativity. It was probably going to be the next album as his commercial breakthrough. But this "Extension" album is very fine, and a great quad mix that the older Q4 conversions did not fully demonstrate, but of course.

Last edited:
Back