Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, HELL YEAH! This one is pure sonic bliss!
Screenshot 2024-05-17 at 9.42.30 PM.png
9.48 on our poll
thread

Can confirm: the DigiPak John Williams/Berliner Philharmoniker - The Berlin Concert, still available from German Amazon, contains a video blu-ray of the concert and an audio blu-ray of the concert. Which is what we need. The sold out Deluxe Limited Edition had a couple of CDs, which we don't need.

https://www.amazon.de/-/en/dp/B09S18WW5X?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

The concert is superb. Moving and exciting. The Dolby Atmos and 5.1 surround mixes put you there, in the hallowed auditorium. My only gripe, is that for such a unique and historic occasion, filmed in 2021, why was it not filmed in 4K for posterity?

IMG_7930.jpg

IMG_7931.jpg
IMG_7932.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_7930.jpg
    IMG_7930.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Had a friend by last night to watch Dune Part Two in 4k/ATMOS.
Afterward we hit music playing multiple tracks from each of the following:
Steven Wilson To The Bone (5.1)
Steve Vai Alien Love Secrets (just 1 track, 5.1 they claim)
Gordon Goodwin's Big Phat Band The Gordian Knot (ATMOS)
King Crimson Discipline (5.1)
The Dukes Of Stratosphere, Psurroundabout Ride (5.1)
and closed out with Motörhead Ace Of Spades title track. (5.1, ok it is a Silverline so hot-rodded stereo)
Can you be more specific about which release and which track for “Steve Vai Alien Love Secrets” please?

And how did you like the Dune 2 movie (& Zimmerman Atmos music?)

Can you be more specific about which release and which track for “Steve Vai Alien Love Secrets” please?

And how did you like the Dune 2 movie (& Zimmerman Atmos music?)
Bad Horsie from the video DVD release of the album. More a hot rodded stereo which might still sound good but not following a Wilson Crim mix.
I am going to spin it again later to make sure I didn't bump it back to stereo.

Dune Part 2 is the completion of what I have wanted in a movie since first reading the book in the 70s. There is more deviation from the book in this half but it did not hurt the story and kept him some story to transition if they do Dune Messiah.

I really enjoyed both films but will admit, I could see The Emperor say 'I hid this uncomfortable hunk of spice up my ass for five years and now I give it to you"

Listened in 7.1.4 and the accompying music was a stellar match to the movie. I may have to check out other scores of his.

Paavo Järvi conducting the Frankfurt Radio Symphony BRUCKNER SYMPHONY No 2 [SONY Japan/Multi~CH 5.1 SACD/Pure DSD Recording] Took a break from listening to all my Jonis, Quadio Bundle #4 and PF's new ATMOS remix of Animals to spin this delightful interpretation of Bruckner's 2nd Symphony

51No98y-BdL.jpg

Back