New David Gilmour record Luck and Strange Sept. 6 2024 (Atmos BluRay)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so disappointed that there's only NYC and LA this time
I at least thought he would play Chicago too, just like OAL and RTL

he definitely is making fans work a lot harder to get to his shows than Roger does...

$440 for the lower level seats at MSG. Sorry Dave, I'll wait for the blu-ray. :oops:
I was paying about $15 for top tier acts in the mid 1970’s. Using an inflation calculator for 1975 to 2024 it spits out this:

$15 in 1975 is worth $87.42 today​

I’d feel comfortable paying maybe even $120 today for a big name act, but
$440 seems insane for a ~2 hour concert!

well between the demand, the prices, and the extraordinary distances required to get to a show, it's obvious that I'm not gonna get to hear David Gilmour in concert, now or ever, which is a shame cause this was my top show I wanted to get to
This may well be the last time Gilmour plays in America.

I have to fly up to NY from Nashville for this. Spent 50 minutes in the virtual pre-sale line yesterday, for a ticket for Nov 5th show. Paid $80 more than I paid for a ticket last September to Peter Gabriel's I/O tour, also likely to be his last. Paid less to see Rover Waters last tour, which may be his last ever.

As these wonderful dinosaurs form the golden era of music age out and retire, the opportunity to see any of them will dry up. I hare to pay these outrageous prices, but it is one of the last vestiges of a bygone era, and there is no substitute for experiencing it live with other fans and enthusiasts.

Now, just waiting for Mark Knopfler US tour to be announced.

Back