New Dolby Atmos BluRay discs from Rhino

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Apologies if it’s already been stated, but… does anyone know if the 5.1 mixes on The Doors blu-ray are new or those found on previous releases?

My suspicion is they are new, created along with the Atmos mixes, but assumptions can be dangerous!
Same. It was comp'd from the Perception box.

I love so many of the posts here and appreciate folks sharing their questions, thoughts, evaluations of all the product that's been coming out. I don't understand, however, why some people feel the need to post updates with regard to the shipping status/physical location of the disks they've ordered, though...
Yeah, I don’t really get it either. Order the product and wait for it to arrive. It’s rare that someone NEVER gets it. And it’s not like the discs sound better if they arrive a couple of days sooner. Most of these titles people have been waiting DECADES to hear in surround. Now suddenly a few days are important?

I don’t get it, except that I guess it’s something to post about while you’re waiting.

Yeah, I don’t really get it either. Order the product and wait for it to arrive. It’s rare that someone NEVER gets it. And it’s not like the discs sound better if they arrive a couple of days sooner. Most of these titles people have been waiting DECADES to hear in surround. Now suddenly a few days are important?

I don’t get it, except that I guess it’s something to post about while you’re waiting.
I like them. I skim-read them in parts, and often with a smile. It's friends talking to each other as they excitedly wait for their orders to arrive. There's an overall friendliness to the interaction of many here, which I enjoy and feel is a part of QQ's warmth. Here we all are, on different parts of the planet, telling each other about what's coming up, then ordering together, then one after the other, finally receiving them and reporting back our findings. It's part of the journey. 💿💿💿📦🇸🇮✈️ 🛬🇸🇮🛫🛬 🏩:love:😍😍

Last edited:
I like them. I skim-read them in parts, and often with a smile. It's friends talking to each other as they excitedly wait for their orders to arrive. There's an overall friendliness to the interaction of many here, which I enjoy and feel is a part of QQ's warmth. Here we all are, on different parts of the planet, telling each other about what's coming up, then ordering together, then one after the other, finally receiving them and reporting back our findings. It's part of the journey. 💿💿💿📦🇸🇮✈️ 🛬🇸🇮🛫🛬 🏩:love:😍😍
Right on, MIstee. This is a global community of friends.

Same. It was comp'd from the Perception box.
So, the stereo remixes should also the same as previous releases, possibly from the Perception box set?

EDIT: I can probably answer my own question. The mixes are not the same as the Perception box set, they seem new and noticeably different. I haven't compared them with the singles release as I don't have it.

Last edited:
This is quite a saga. I ordered Hootie and Fleetwood Mac when they were announced. Hootie was posted on the 30th March but never arrived, I contacted Rhino and they dispatched a replacement disc. In the meantime Rumours arrived. On Saturday I paid import charges for the Hootie disc and it was delivered this morning. It is clearly labeled Cracked Rear View on the envelope but to my surprise when I opened it I found the Pet Shop Boys Nonetheless. I look forward to Rhino's response this time!

This is quite a saga. I ordered Hootie and Fleetwood Mac when they were announced. Hootie was posted on the 30th March but never arrived, I contacted Rhino and they dispatched a replacement disc. In the meantime Rumours arrived. On Saturday I paid import charges for the Hootie disc and it was delivered this morning. It is clearly labeled Cracked Rear View on the envelope but to my surprise when I opened it I found the Pet Shop Boys Nonetheless. I look forward to Rhino's response this time!
Man... #GnarlywoodSucks big time.

I'm still waiting for my April 6th order at Rhino to be fulfilled. 🤷‍♂️

UPDATE: Rhino, "Our warehouse is currently experiencing a high volume of orders, which has caused a backlog in processing and shipping. You will receive a confirmation email when your order ships."

(y)

UPDATE: Notified today, May 8, my Doors order has been shipped. 🚚

UPDATE: Arrived today, May 14th. 🙄

And Rhino had the audacity to ask me in an email to rate my Rhino website ordering experience.
[I never give any solicited opinion unless I am paid for my time: going rate is $100/hour (min. 1 hr.).]

Back