Mark Knopfler's Guitar Heroes "Going Home" charity release (Dolby Atmos mix out via streaming, deluxe CD/BD-A, and lossless download)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The same way you play any mkv file. Bitstream it using a media player of some type connected to an atmos capable processor. The processor will recognize the atmos stream.
Thanks for your reply.

However, let me rephase that, if I can.

I don't have an atmos system. Only 5.1. Will the atmos fold down, or do I truly need an atmos processor?

I should have asked how do I play it in multichannel.

Sorry for the confusion.

Thanks for your reply.

However, let me rephase that, if I can.

I don't have an atmos system. Only 5.1. Will the atmos fold down, or do I truly need an atmos processor?

I should have asked how do I play it in multichannel.

Sorry for the confusion.
The atmos should fold down automatically. The format is designed to be compatible with an array of Atmos setups with any number of bed and height speakers as well as falling back to a Dolby True-HD (or Dolby Digital Plus) 7.1 core, which in turn should fold down to any speaker below a 7.1 system

The atmos should fold down automatically. The format is designed to be compatible with an array of Atmos setups with any number of bed and height speakers as well as falling back to a Dolby True-HD (or Dolby Digital Plus) 7.1 core, which in turn should fold down to any speaker below a 7.1 system
Thanks for the reply.

So (theoretically) if I play the MKV file through VLC Media player (just throwing that one out there because I am a MAC guy and my PC only has Foobar on it. Need to download a program)) It "should" play through my 7.1 receiver?

Back