Guns N‘ Roses - Appetite For Destruction Locked N’ Loaded Edition

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Snood got Question?? Would it be weird if Snood used the temporary tattoos on me ass cheeks?? :unsure::hi

ooops, almost forgot.....and of course Snood would apply the tatoos while listening to the 5.1 mix:SG .....so there's that to consider :unsure:

and yes Snood would be Nooooood! :dance:SB:dance

ah Snoody rudey! :p
then you'd have "Welcome To The Jungle" tattooed on your rear and in your rear speakers at the same time! owwww!!!! :rocks

Been trough the bda twice,and really like what I hear.:cool:The bonus tracks are a little weaker,but very enjoyable.I think the mix is a little weaker too on these tracks.The videos seems to use the same mixes as the main album.All and all a very good release,but hardly worth the money,as I paid NOK 1850.-!:eek: About $ 225.-:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Been trough the bda twice,and really like what I hear.:cool:The bonus track are a little weaker,but very enjoyable.I think the mix is a little weaker too on these tracks.The videos seems to use the same mixes as the main album.All and all a very good release,but hardly worth the money,as I paid NOK 1850.-!:eek: About $ 225.-:rolleyes:

That's a really excessive price which I presume you purchased for the Elliot Scheiner 5.1 remix. From where did you purchase it and what portion was postage/import tariffs, etc.? I just received 3 gorgeous embossed steelbook encased BD~V movies from Zavvi in the UK for under $30 delivered.

Why is music SO expensive?

Last edited:
Got my box from ImportCDs. Really good. The mix is active and discrete but never gimmicky - opens up the album nicely. Not a ton to say about it otherwise, it's just a really solid ES mix. Gonna explore some more but I don't have anything major to say beyond well done.

So you ended up getting it already...ahead of the scheduled time(y)

That's a really excessive price which I presume you purchased for the Elliot Scheiner 5.1 remix. From where did you purchase it and what portion was postage/import tariffs, etc.? I just received 3 gorgeous embossed steelbook encased BD~V movies from Zavvi in the UK for under $30 delivered.

Why is music SO expensive?

I bought from a vendor in Norway,no postage and I got it fast.:cool:Also got a free GNR t-shirt.:D
Was thinking to order from an international vendor,but with postage and VAT on the set price+postage+a import fee,there would be little to save.And it would not have arrived for a couple of weeks.

Been trough the bda twice,and really like what I hear.:cool:The bonus track are a little weaker,but very enjoyable.I think the mix is a little weaker too on these tracks.The videos seems to use the same mixes as the main album.All and all a very good release,but hardly worth the money,as I paid NOK 1850.-!:eek: About $ 225.-:rolleyes:

Yes, I paid the same, no free t-shirt though. Still waiting for mine to arrive.

I know a lot of us in the US complain about the pricey box sets to get the surround disc....but what about our Norwegian members...I just thought I would pay homage to them with a song....one that has nothing to do with prices....but I love the song...it's about sex...well...about having an affair...and if you want to stretch it...the album is "rubber soul"...some refer to this song as Norwegian Weed..

I have just seen that G&R have released Guns Appetite for Destruction in 5.1 on blu ray but only as part of some very expensive sets,while I am very happy they have done a 5.1 version of this lp why must it only be on these sets.Do you think this is just money grabbing, all us more hard up fans will have to just hope that when they have got as much money as they can out of these sets they will release it on it's own.But I will not hold my breath.
kennethbg

I have just seen that G&R have released Guns Appetite for Destruction in 5.1 on blu ray but only as part of some very expensive sets,while I am very happy they have done a 5.1 version of this lp why must it only be on these sets.Do you think this is just money grabbing, all us more hard up fans will have to just hope that when they have got as much money as they can out of these sets they will release it on it's own.But I will not hold my breath.
kennethbg

Welcome to the jungle:oops: I mean forum....I don't see a standalone version of this being released in disc form...maybe someday in a download...hope springs eternal...whether it's considered money grabbing or not is just a waste of time...it won't change anything...there are plenty of other surround discs to buy at more reasonable prices...let us show you other options by being an active member....the force is strong on here:cool: use it to your advantage(y)

Thanks for the reply I do buy all the DVD audio discs I can find and afford, I have 154 DVD audio discs I think and about 30 SACDs and a couple of DTD 5.1 discs.So I do get all I can the biggest problem I have found in the past is hearing when something is coming out.I would rather have DVD audio than sacd as my car will play DVD but not SACD plus it seems most SACD,s are only in stereo.

Thanks for the reply I do buy all the DVD audio discs I can find and afford, I have 154 DVD audio discs I think and about 30 SACDs and a couple of DTD 5.1 discs.So I do get all I can the biggest problem I have found in the past is hearing when something is coming out.I would rather have DVD audio than sacd as my car will play DVD but not SACD plus it seems most SACD,s are only in stereo.
Welcome, dude. Jump on in. We love new members. Whether DVD-A, SACD, BD, DTS-CD or whatever, there is usually a reasonable way to rip and format for your car. Lots of members here can guide you in that and there are already threads.
Happy listening, voting, reviewing, chit-chatting, etc.

Back