Max Cooper – Emergence Pure Audio w/Atmos and full HD film out on 8/30 2019

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

haikubass

Oh no, this electronica title has tried to slip under the radar! Basic info from the artist's FB page:
MC.jpg

The blu-ray is available either from Max Cooper's website store (shipped from the UK) or via Amazon ($25).
Videos for all 18 tracks can be pre-viewed online here.

Some more info from Amazon:
Emergence is an epic, immersive audio-visual experience, the debut film directed and soundtracked by Max Cooper.

The story explores the development of the universe, the creation of unexpected and often beautiful outcomes from simple natural systems, and how complexity, like human beings, can spawn from the immaterial by the action of simple laws embedded in the foundations of reality.

The project was initially released in 2016 as a soundtrack to Max's live show narrative exploring the concept of emergence . Over time, chapters of the story have been shared online and featured in Cooper's live shows.

Now with audio remastered in surround sound by Cooper and the engineers at Dolby Atmos, the project is finally available as a monumental 90 min animated film.

The work is a marriage of cosmic awe and wonderment, a meditation on the mystery of our emotional connection to fundamental natural form. Referencing Koyaanisqatsi and Samsara in approach, but grounded in imagery from science rather than classic cinematography.

MCboth.jpg

Last edited:
Damn, there is one copy on Amazon for $24.99 marketplace seller but doesn't ship to Canada. I can't afford the artist's website price, especially for something I've never heard. Will keep an eye on eBay.

Mine arrived today.
It is a tour de force in its concept, production and quality.

I will warn folks that some of the graphics do have flashing images which are at times tricky to follow.

That being said

It is a reference Dolby Atmos mix ...imo

It starts quiet but soon develops into a fantastic journey, where all your senses are stretched to previously untested limits.

This release should have a wider audience, to fully appreciate the effect what a Dolby Atmos treatment can give surround sound, a new and exciting listening extravaganza.

Last edited:
Mine arrived today.
It is a tour de force in its concept, production and quality.

I will warn folks that some of the graphics do have flashing images which are at times tricky to follow.

That being said

It is a reference Dolby Atmos mix ...imo

It starts quiet but soon developments into a fantastic journey, where all your senses are stretched to previously untested limits.

This release should have a wider audience, to fully appreciate the effect that a Dolby Atmos treatment can give surround sound, a new and exciting listening extravaganza.

Good to know... I have ordered this as well, hasn’t arrived yet… I only have a 5.1 system, I assume it will still play reasonably well through that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am sure it will be fine Pups and Colman

Very important to have this hooked up to an HD TV

The graphics are mind-blowing.

The graphics are indeed mind-blowing! Just got this yesterday, I watched it last night, and it has got to be one of my favourite titles in my collection. The Atmos track translates well into my 5.1 system, a very active and discrete mix, although I am sure I am missing some songs by not having the extra speakers. But the visuals are really something else, some of the best computer-generated video art I’ve seen in some time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very quick first impression here:

The visuals are stunning as advertised. The music is sorta chill-out/afterhours down-tempo stuff with a full ATMOS mix. I didn't have time tonight to anchor myself and listen carefully, but this may be the first ATMOS mix where I kinda wished the fronts were boosted a bit. To be fair, my rear speakers are very close to my listening position. I'm going to enjoy spending lots of late-night time with this one.

My favorite Atmos. I think it's the perfect music for such a complex mix. The first several tracks are a little light for my tastes. It picks up a little on the
way. Then you get to track 10 with the rain.
It's gets progressively spacey from there.
I'm not sure if Atmos is the best mix for all music.
This one really works for me.

The music is definitely not for everyone, but the mix on this album is. Mind-blowing. I would imagine that since it's electronic in nature it lends itself well to having completely discrete elements in every speaker...no bleed at all from one speaker to the next. And the videos are a nice touch, too. Would use this as a demo disc over some of the other Usual Suspects, i.e. DSOTM, Brother in Arms, Avalon, etc. for the discreteness. HIGHLY recommended.
Swirl.png

Back