Best Streamed Atmos Titles!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey team! I need help. Please use this thread to list links, if possible, to the very best Atmos songs and or albums that are available from Tidle or Apple, etc. Again, only the best. None of the fakery that Adam mentions.

AWESOME!!!
Do you want only streaming titles (as in never released on physical media?)

I realize, there will be a lot of repetition. Some may say the same title, over and over. I don't think it matters. If you're listening to a Atmos title, and it sounds great. Post it here. With a link for those of us who need to add to library.

Here's a start, all streaming-exclusive titles.

Albums:
  • Grateful Dead - American Beauty
  • Tom Petty - Wildflowers, Angel Dream, Greatest Hits
  • Monkey House - Remember The Audio
  • Tori Amos - Ocean To Ocean
  • Alicia Keys - ALICIA
  • George Michael - Older
  • London Grammar - Californian Soil
  • Sarah McLachlan - Surfacing
  • Lyle Lovett - 12th Of June
  • Joe Bonamassa - Time Clocks
  • Lake Street Dive - Obviously
  • Elton John - Diamonds
  • Paul McCartney - McCartney III
  • Bob Marley & The Wailers - Exodus
  • Florian Hoefner Trio - Desert Bloom
  • Def Leppard - Diamond Star Halos
  • Temptations - Sky's The Limit
Singles:
  • A-Ha - “Take On Me”
  • Earth Wind & Fire - “Let’s Groove”
  • Steven Wilson - “Anyone But Me”
  • B-52s - “Love Shack”
  • Eolian - “House”
  • Oingo Boingo - “Dead Man’s Party”
  • Keane - “Somewhere Only We Know”

I'll second this one, it's like a Flaming Lips-style 'sound collage' mix where the extra channels are treated as completely equal partners. There's a lot of bass in the sides and even tops. "Heshima Kwa Hukwe" and "Gold Coast" are my favorite tracks. I hope the rumor is true that Orbit may be working on an Atmos mix of Madonna's Ray Of Light (which he originally co-produced).

I just do Tidal so far, here's my list of albums for now:
  • Grateful Dead - American Beauty
  • Tom Petty - Wildflowers+
  • Tori Amos - Ocean To Ocean
  • Elton John - Diamonds
  • Bob Marley & The Wailers - Exodus, Legend, and Kaya
  • Doors - The whole Catalog, but in particular the debut is way better than the SACD I have
  • Crown Lands - White Buffalo
  • Enigma - The Platinum Collection, but Volume 1 is all you really need
  • The Band - Cahoots
  • Beatles - Sgt Pepper (not especially good Atmos, but it's a great version of a great album)
  • Traveler's Blues - Blues Traveler
  • UB40 - Best of Labour of Love
  • Steel Pulse - True Democracy (not an astounding mix, but it sure does sound good)
  • Rush - Moving Pictures
I'd vote for Monkey House, but I only get two tracks in Atmos on Tidal. Also, there are a bunch of 360RA titles on Tidal some of which are on Apple and some not. I'll leave those aside for now. Also, I'm leaving out some just because I have a better hard copy. Yello, TFF, xPropaganda and all the Talking Heads in particular.

Also, I heartily endorse this thread. There are too many streaming Atmos titles for me to sort through reviews of all of them especially since a relatively small percentage of them are going to interest me.

Back