Christine McVie. 1943-2022.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AshBuchanan

500 Club - QQ All-Star
QQ Supporter
RIP.
What an amazing songwriter. And her version of I'd Rather Go Blind with Chickenshack is one of my all time fav vocals.
Screenshot_20221130_194941_Chrome.jpg

First saw Mac on St Patrick's Day 1972 touring Bare Trees in the middle of the bill between Savoy Brown & Long John Baldry.
Holding her own in singing & songwriting with Danny Kirwan & Bob Welch, like she would later with Lindsay & Stevie.

RIP
Now that she's Homeward Bound, Spare Me A Little Of Your Love...

50 years ago she was already fed up with the road:

I wanna sit at home in my rockin' chair
I don't wanna travel the world
As far as I'm concerned I've had my share
But time's more precious than gold
I don't wanna see another aeroplane seat
Or another hotel room
The home life to me seems really neat
I just wanna unpack for good
Buy me a ticket Homeward Bound

I'm away on business, got back to the hotel and turned on my tablet, and saw the news.

So sad. :cry:

Fleetwood Mac's songs from the early blues to the later ones have been a backdrop to my life, and some of the best have been by Christine McVie. RIP Christine

Just heard this sad, sad news. Her voice was so, so unique and enjoyable.

Of course we all know and love her big hits with FM after Lindsey and Stevie joined, but if you've never heard her vocals from the song "Why" from the Mystery to Me album (pre-Lindsey and Stevie), do yourself a BIG favor and check it out.

Also check out what might be two of her last original songs on the compilation album she did with Lindsey back in 2017 which would be "Game of Pretend" and "Carnival Begin." Both show just how wonderful and ageless her voice was...

"Why" brings a tear to my eye every time I hear it, and I'm sure it will do so now more than ever.

RIP Ms. McVie.

Wow, what a shock.
Reports say ā€œfollowing a short illnessā€
Whatever happened, it was fast.

Saw Mac twice, on the Tusk tour in 1980 and I think Tango in the Night (Edit: it was May 1990).
Lindsey wasnā€™t there (replaced by Burnette and Zito) but reasonably sure Christine was.
Great voice and songwriter

Last edited:
Music affects the soul so much that you can actually feel real sorrow and loss when someone dies that you have never met, don't know, and would probably not give you the time of day if you ever met them.

And you feel almost as much loss and dispair as if it were someone you actually knew and loved.

BTW - These feelings increase as you get older

Just heard the news as I was listening the new Fillmore release from Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers. Obviously thereā€™s a connection between the two bands. The thing that has struck me most is how weā€™ve lost some true talents whose music is weaved so much into many of our lives... Tom some years ago, and Christine today. In both cases, the news just slaps you out of the blue. What a loss today with Christine.

She will be missed dearly. I've sensed for the last few years that she might be taken from us soon. Wish I were wrong...

My favorite Mac member. No disrespect intended to her penguin bandmates.

I'll be spinning The Legendary Christine Perfect LP tonight. And my DVD-A of Rumours.

Our creator's way of reminding us Tempus Fugit, to value and respect each other.

So long as her evergreen songs are played and cherished, she will live in our hearts.

Thanks to Dave Wave for posting one of my favorite Mac songs from Bare Trees written by Ms. McVie, Spare Me a Little. Johnny Rivers did a great version on New Lovers & Old Friends (UK title: Help Me Rhonda.) Here's a "Rock Concert" version from '74 (intro by Don Kirschner):

https://variety.com/2022/music/news/christine-mcvie-dead-fleetwood-mac-singer-songwriter-1235445846/

Wow, first heard her voice in Kiln House, one of my favorite Fleetwood Mac albums and she drew the cover.
I saw Fleetwood Mac a 4-5 years ago at the Oakland Coliseum. It was announced she would be in the lineup and that is the only reason I attended.
My two favorites Peter Green and now Christine McVie, gone.

Back