Handy But Rare QUAD accessories......JVC U100 System Selector

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quadrockasaurus

Just something that I own that might be of interest to you folks with waaaaaaaay too many Quad components that you can't bear to part with......

Introducing The (1972-ish) JVC U-100 4channel/2channel System Selector.

I love this thing....:bounce....one of the first Quad things I got....and It's come in useful as I start to accumulate stuff....Provision for switching between FIVE Quad Speaker systems, FIVE Quad Amps and FIVE Quad Sources in any combination.

The home version of the sort of thing you used to see in Hi-Fi shops in the 70's.

Real handy to compare new equipment with the stuff I've already got.....doesn't seem to affect sound quality too much.....A great unit to set up a second system (with all the other stuff you just can't let go of) after you've found that 1 magic combination for your main system.

Very hard to find on Ebay....but worth looking for......

JVC U100 System Selector 1.jpg

JVC U100 Rear 1.jpg

If anyone has anything else similar....post it here so we can have a look.....:)

Last edited:
Lovely!
I have somewhere a only-stereo switcher for input sources, was very pratical in order to connect three tape decks and routing dubs from one to the others. But this BIG one is groovy way off, despite that now it would suffer from switching probelms.

Wow! Much better looking than my Russound QT-1 unit...

Mark Z

G'day Mark, I'd never heard of the Russound QT-1 until you mentioned it. I went looking for it on the net and found this picture and short writup in Popular Mechanics from 1975 Page 75. Popular Mechanics - Google Books.
That unit you've got actually looks pretty cool with the patchcording like the old analog synths. That also means you can upgrade your cabling pretty easily unlike the U-100 which if you open it up, would be a monumental nightmare to rewire...it is JAM PACKED full of wiring. The JVC U100 doesn't do tape loops (you can still connect the 4chan source in for playback) but It looks like the Russound does. I might see if I can track down one of those Russound units...you can never have too many of these things.

Cheers.;)

Those are hard to find because they were intended for dealer showrooms, not consumer systems.

But you can get two radio shack passive audio switches (or passive video switches) for multichannel use. Note that the video switch on a passive system will switch audio too.

Back