Septic Flesh - The Great Mass DVD Menu Navigation Issue

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IMachine

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
I have this DVD and it has a menu without a pointer.
I don' know how to enter the 5.1 entry.

Has anybody this DVD and can tell me the combination of buttons to enter the 5.1 program?

What kind of idiot has authored this???? Weird.

Has anybody this DVD and can tell me the combination of buttons to enter the 5.1 program?

What happens when you hit the "Audio" button on your remote control while the disc is playing?

I have the same issue... no pointer... :mad:

Edit: I'm using a Oppo 83SE - IMachine what player are you using?

I have the same issue... no pointer... :mad:

Edit: I'm using a Oppo 83SE - IMachine what player are you using?

I have tried it on PS3 and Marantz DV-7001.
On PS3 when I hit one time "left" and three times "down" I'm in the tracklist-menu.
But there, if you start the first song (indeed in 5.1!) it only plays this and returns back to the tracklist menu. :mad:
Then you have to push the "down"-button twice and so on to get through the songs.
Really mad.

Yes very annoying. I have ripped tracks to create my own DVD A; I would advise doing same.

Yes. I have done it too.
After several tries to understand the menu. ;).

Trying listening to them in Audacity; very revealing. Plenty of strings, keyboards eerie vocals etc in the rears, yet upon listening you would not know! The rears are about 5db too quiet. Stupid mixing! Listen to this with rears turned up!

Trying listening to them in Audacity; very revealing. Plenty of strings, keyboards eerie vocals etc in the rears, yet upon listening you would not know! The rears are about 5db too quiet. Stupid mixing! Listen to this with rears turned up!

I had the rears already pushed because I also realized, that they are too quiet mixed. :).

I had the same problem.... I re-authored the whole thing, and put all the songs in sequence too, so that when you play the first one, it plays the whole album. Very stupid that this option wasn't even available. Looks like it was initially authored for short attention span kids watching on a PC!

There's a problem with authoring on this disc. The center and rear right channels are the same. Rear left channel is louder and has some drum/ vocals, I sure this should be in the center. A complete mess was made of this, similar to Opeth PC.

Can somebody please look at this in Audacity? I am sure the center and rear left channels are swapped. If so can somebody please reauthor?

I had the rears already pushed because I also realized, that they are too quiet mixed. :).

I have just noticed there is a mistake with this disc. Please check my post. I am pretty sure channels are swapped; center and rear left.

Back