RUSSIAN quadraphonic (using their own MATRIX system) Lp vinyl FOR SALE

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kvadro

400 Club - QQ All-Star
Since 2002/2003
Country-folk-rock music

1 NEW $50 + $12 shipping cost

1 USED, cover VG++ & vinyl VG++(+) $35 + $12 shipping cost This one is GONE but I have my very first copy that I find over 20 years ago in Holland
Cover only VG+ with some "design" but the vinyl is VG++(+) with also some "design" on labels $25 + $12 shipping cost

If anyone interested just send a PM Private Message

Last edited:
How about a little more info and scans, perhaps? Just curious...:)

ED :)

OK Ed,
find scan of the front and back of this VERY NICE item. By the way it was released in 1980, wich is quite LATE from the quadraphonic days

They use a quadraphonic matrix system called QUADRA ABC, see on the original russian writing FRONT and BACK cover TOP RIGHT

NOW : ANYONE KNOWING OF OTHER QUADRAPHONIC RUSSIAN in quadraphonic QUADRA ABC matrix system ???
Let us know
Thanks

Attachments

• apple.jpg
    apple.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 290
  • apple_back.jpg
    apple_back.jpg
    201.2 KB · Views: 282
A thought....

Maybe the "ABC" means that is was encoded like the ABC records here??
Thinking that they thought "ABC" was a format since ABC records weren't
marked and they called it the "ABC" format not knowing they were QS.

I have to admit, back in the day, I originally thought "CQ" was another
format (it meant, obviously... Command Quadraphonic which were all QS).

I have a slew of Melodiya Records in both rock & classical courtesy
of a friend of mine who lives there but alas... none marked quad.

It would be interesting to find out though.

-Bob

Here you can find pictures and schemes about ABC - http://m-music.ru/index.php?showtopic=3439; may be some king of automatic translator can help to... In general, it was summarizing matrix system with trapezium-like speakers layout.

WOW!!! That's even better than I thought, MANY THANKS ferret-e. If you get acroos any more writings about this QUADRA ABC system let us (?) know (at least me, as me I am VERY interested by this). Wish I knew this before.

Well, having had a peak at this, it's hard to imagine this giving more than a 'hafler' style effect. If i could grab a few minutes of the encoded disc then i could do some experiments, but i'm suspecting the effect would actually be the same (or worse) than EV & DY

OD

Back